Zyxel MG-105/MG-108 Interoperability issue with Orange Livebox6

Options
Zyxel_Jason
Zyxel_Jason Posts: 395  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited August 2022 in Switch
We have recently confirmed a chipset IOP issue on MG-105/MG-108 for the Green Ethernet Technology (EEE) with Livebox6 gateway from Orange, the French service provider. The result is random and may depends on either cable quality or lengths. There are similar discussion on the Orange forum across different brands of Switches. 
We are working on a solution now!
You can contact Zyxel to exchange for a replacement but it may take some time for stock replenishment based on the fixed solution.
For quick fixes, we also recommend to contact your service provider to disable EEE remotely or try alternative smart-switches model such as XGS1210-12 or XGS1250-12 to disable EEE locally.
Jason

Comments

• Polypete
    Options
    Sorry but MG-108 not work in 2.5Go. I try in lab with 5 PC, with network cable CAT7 certified, in low distance, and if MG-108 try to work in 2.5Go, the port is shut-down after 15min or 2 hour (random). And same issue with OrangeBox problem.
    For me this switch have a big problem if all network is in 2.5Go. Work fine une 1Go. It is important for all customers that a firmware is issued to fix all these issues. If not, all switches will return to the factory.
    And the reputation of reliable hardware will no longer be valid for the Zyxel brand, which is bad for its image

After hours of testing in all directions with basic configuration like 2 PCs connected in 2g5 and this with the 4 switches I have, I can guarantee that the user experience is a disaster. 
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi @Polypete,

Welcome to the Zyxel community!
    Sorry for the inconvenience. But we need some information to verify your issue, could you help to confirm whether my understanding in below is correct or not?
    1. The PC connected to MG-108 will shut down the connecting port after a few minutes(15min or 2 hour (random)).
    2. The upload speed is not matched to the speed your ISP committed.

For issue 1, could you share your PC's NIC model name, the NIC's driver version, and your OS version?
    I would like to clarify this issue in my lab.

And if issue 2 is the same as the OrangeBox problem we mentioned, could you provide the serial number of all your switches to me to clarify did you get an EEE-enabled version or not?
    The MG-108 is an unmanaged switch so we can only provide you with a replacement device to solve this issue. It cannot upgrade firmware via web GUI.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,639  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @Polypete,

Good day.
    The port is shut down after 15min or 2 hours might be due to your PC get sleep. PC sleep might decrease the link speed to 10 Mbps which is not supported by MG105/108.

You can follow the below steps to disable save power option to prevent PC decrease the link speed:
    1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and look for Save power when system... or Energy Efficient Ethernet options.
    5. If you see both or any of the two options, please set the Value to Disabled.
    6. Click OK.
    Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen