XGS1210-12 LAG is lost after few days [fixed]

Fuli
Fuli Posts: 15  Freshman Member
10 Comments First Answer
edited October 2023 in Switch
Hello,
I have a XGS1210-12 that is configured with a static LAG on ports 7-8 using Source & Destination MAC for hash.
This configuration is working fine with a netgear switch in front of this LAG, also configured with static LAG.
XGS switch is running with the last firmware V1.00(ABTY.6)C0.

Issue is that after few days, without any extensive usage or any specific reason, I've found my netgear switch blocked in loop detection.
After some analysis, I've found that LAG configuration disappear from the web interface. I've restored configuration and everything went fine again. Few days after that, it happen again (exactly the same issue, with the same loop detection). LAG is gone from the web interface again. With restored configuration, everything is fine again.

Is there a bug with LAG configuration ? Why it is gone ? As there is no log I can not see any error message. My XGS is behind an inverter (so no power issue) and configuration is well saved. It seems happening every 5/6 days.

Edit:
Fixed since firmware V2.00(ABTY.0)C0

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 457  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi @Fuli

I sent you the message about the update of our investigation on LAG configuration lost. Please check and let us know if you require further assistance in solving this issue.

For your information, we have identified that the LAG configuration may disappear after the XGS1210-12 switch is rebooted.

Although the cause of the lost configuration may not be the same as the situation described in the original post where the Netgear switch was powered down, it could still occur after a reboot without being noticed.

We are currently working on a fix for this issue, which is planned to be released in the next official firmware update in the 2023/2H. However, if you would like to address this issue immediately, please let us know and we will provide a solution to assist you.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Nami

Zyxel Nami

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami

Hi @Fuli  

We would like to ask that the LAG configuration disappeared means that there were not any LAG 3 remark on ports 7, 8?  

Basing on your information, we have just tested our XGS1210-12 that was configured LAG 3 (port 7, 8) with MAC SA & DA as below screenshot. However, since you mentioned that the issue has happened every 5/6 days, we needed time to observe it. 

Meanwhile, it would be helpful to know the network topology and the Netgear model being used to better understand the issue and provide more specific support. 

Best Regards,

Nami

Zyxel Nami

• Fuli
    10 Comments First Answer
    Hello.
    Thanks to taking into account this bug.

When the LAG configuration disappeared, in Per Port Status, LAG 3 mark is gone. In "Link Aggregation" tab: LAG3 is untick. In "VLAN" tab: LAG3 is gone and I can see back "Port 7" and "Port 8". So really, it is like LAG3 configuration gone.
    Here is my current working topology:

In front of the LAG 3 (port 7 & 8), netgear switch is a GS305EPP with LAG on port 3 & 4 (PoE is disabled for these ports) and 2 APs on port 1 & 2.

This configuration and topology is working fine. But after few days when LAG disappears, netgear detects loop.

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited February 2023
    Hi @Fuli

Thanks for your detailed information.

We would like to reproduce your environment on our XGS1210-12, could you please send us the backup configuration file when the operation is normal via Private Message?

Reminder: Please change the password into the general one before backup, and provide us the changed password via Private Message for us to log in.

The backup function is located at 'Management' tab as below screenshot: 

Best Regards,
    Nami

Zyxel Nami

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited February 2023

Hi @Fuli

We have not yet received a response from you. Has the issue been resolved? Please let us know if there are any further concerns.

Nami

Zyxel Nami

• Fuli
    10 Comments First Answer

Hello,

Thank you for looking this bug. This week everything seems working fine without any change but I've logged on switch and perform some changes (password) to do the backup I've sent to you. Maybe some counters are reseted.

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited February 2023

Hello @Fuli

We received your message. We will provide our test result as well as discuss with you via Private Message.

Best Regards

Nami

Zyxel Nami

• Fuli
    10 Comments First Answer

Hello,

I still fall into issue after a week of vacation. This time I can confirm netgear in front of LAG is not root cause of the bug as I've powered-down the switch in front of the LAG. So after a week with both LAG ports down and only few traffic, LAG disapear when I went back (everything else remain fine). That is really strange.

• Zyxel_Nami

Hi @Fuli

We would like to confirm that you said “I've powered-down the switch in front of the LAG” are you mentioning that you rebooted XGS1210-12?

Nami

Zyxel Nami

• Fuli
    10 Comments First Answer

No, I've powered-down the netgear. XGS1210-12 was running all the time. Both LAG's port were down.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Answer ✓

Hi @Fuli

I sent you the message about the update of our investigation on LAG configuration lost. Please check and let us know if you require further assistance in solving this issue.

For your information, we have identified that the LAG configuration may disappear after the XGS1210-12 switch is rebooted.

Although the cause of the lost configuration may not be the same as the situation described in the original post where the Netgear switch was powered down, it could still occur after a reboot without being noticed.

We are currently working on a fix for this issue, which is planned to be released in the next official firmware update in the 2023/2H. However, if you would like to address this issue immediately, please let us know and we will provide a solution to assist you.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Nami

Zyxel Nami