SecuExtender VPN Client IPSec 2.2.0.019 not saving password. Doesn't launch 2FA page.

ChipConnJohn
ChipConnJohn Posts: 44  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula

Hello,

I have a lot of Windows SecuExtender Clients out there and they work fine. Just installed on a MacBook running Ventura and it's hobbled??

• I enter the credentials under EAP and click Configuration→Save.
    • It doesn't save the credentials. When I try the connection fails on EAP.
    • However, if I check EAP Popup and enter the credentials it connects.
  • There is no place to have the client launch the 2FA webpage for users to enter their Google Authentication code??

Am I missing something? I have all my windows users setup with complex stored passwords and then use Google Auth to authenticate them. Super easy and has good security. This Mac client is a mess.

If this is hobbled, anyone know of another VPN client that can save the username/password and lauch a webpage on connection so I can have people enter their 2FA codes?

All Replies

• ChipConnJohn
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula

Also, the Get Config from Server fails with the Mac client as well. The Windows version works fine. Had to create a config file on the Windows machine and import into the Mac.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @ChipConnJohn ,

THanks for feedback. We are checking this issue. please wait for my update.

• Zyxel_Cooldia

Hi @ChipConnJohn ,

At current design, the MAC SecuExtender VPN Client does not support web page launch, so I will raise a Feature request. Please open a browser and type URL manually for 2 factor authorization temporarily. As for password saving, could you please help to confirm it again, i can save passwords in MAC SecuExtender VPN Client.

• ChipConnJohn

I was able to save passwords. You have to click into another field before saving or the password isn't saved.

On the whole, the system is clunky on a Mac. There is no Menu bar icon, so using the Systems VPN, but that requires several click a to create the connection. Then people have to launch the 2FA page manually.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    edited March 2023

Hi @ChipConnJohn ,

I have reaised it as FRQ, and this feature will be avabile in 2023/Q4.

Security Highlight