GS1350-6HP-Garage A message could not be handled because it failed to be parsed correctly. Cloud N

vining
vining Posts: 26  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments

I keep this message in the event log and I don't know what to make of it. this switch also drops off line every once in a while making it somewhat unreliable. Now in full disclosure I had to use a PLA6456 to get the network to this garage since trenching for a fiber line wasn't an option and point to point wifi would be a last resort since I can have anything on the outside of the buildings. Originally I had 2 sets of the PLA's and set up a static LAG which seems to work fine for months but then it went rogue and constantly crashed so then I tried LACP lag with caused multicast storms, so I disables RSTP and enable loop guard but that didn't help so I just split the lags and disable one port on the main switch that fed this garage. I have no clue what started this bizarre situation since the LAG was running for months. I tried multiple configs with the PLAs too but nothing thing to help, but last testing made it seem like one pair wasn't working anymore. I wish there was a way to get a fiber between buildings or even somewhere I could put a point to wifi bridge but I figured I only needed one camera and one AP in the garage so a LAG PLA setup would be adequate. I think the PLA's screws up the switches port sensing ability.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @vining,

Could you share the current topology and enable Zyxel support for me to check the config and event log?

The Zyxel support path is Help (On the top right) > Support Request > Zyxel support Access to enable and save.

Zyxel Melen

• vining
  • vining

UUnfortunately I can't upload a CSV or XML file which is what Nebula allows me to export. Like I said I originally had a LAG to the GS1350-6HP using two sets of PLA 6456's and I also had a fiber LAG to the GS1350-18HP usijusing two fiber sets.

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @vining,

Thanks for the topology and event log.

Since I need to check more device information, please help to enable Zyxel support for me to check. The Zyxel support path is Help (On the top right) > Support Request > Zyxel support Access to enable and save.

By the way, your XGS1930-28HP and GS1350-18HP do not have the same problem as GS1350-6HP, right?

Zyxel Melen

• vining

dd9nedodone,just the GS135which is currently uses a pair of PLA645for connectivity to the XGS193Like I said originally I had 2pairs of PLA's setup in a a LAG but it started having issues about a week ago.So I killed the LAGstatic LAG for LACP which caused a mulitcast storm issues so I killedseperated the LAG pair and figure RSTP could shut down a port but I think the problem is with the PLA's so I played with their power savings from disabled to link to activity amd then left them on link.justjustjus

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @vining,

Thanks for the privilege. After checking, I found only GS1350-6HP frequently disconnect due to the malformed packet. The malformed packet will cause the switch to disconnect with Nebula, but it does not affect your local network services since there is no configuration change.

I also checked the port interface status on GS1350-6HP and XGS1930-28HP, and there is no CRC error record. So the problem might be due to the PLA or the power line between your house and garage.

To clarify the problem, could you use another PLA in your garage and connect with a laptop to check the network connectivity?

Zyxel Melen

• vining

I made some changes to the PLAs and that problem wethat parsing issue went away but if I have the uplink port rstp enabled this switch constantly claims its tits the new rootroot despite its bridge priority being set to the highest,it's leftleftleftactually higher than higherset the default value and the other switches being lower.My thinking is that maybe the PLAs are blocking or interfering with STP multicast queries/coms and so occassionally occassionallythis switch thinks it's alone so it declares itself the new rooroot.If I disable RSTP on the uplink and use loop guard instead all os goodgood but I've also disable the 2port for the other pair of PLAs and gave up on the LAG group idea or just let RSTP disable which ever port it chooses.Funny thing is the LAG worked fine for months.

• vining