XGS1210-12 can't get GUI and Switch function is weird/borked

Fab
Fab Posts: 3
First Comment
edited April 2023 in Switch

Out of the box one of the 3 brand new switches I just bought for my classroom fails to show GUI @ 192.168.1.3 so I change it to our LAN plan. After several reset there is no way to retreive normal behaviour. What do I do ?

[EDIT]. I brought it at home tonight where I have a dhcp server in my ISP router. Same issue, I can't even ping the device at default IP (PC set static 192.168.1.10). Even arp-scan the whole 192.168.0.0/16, 172.16.0.0/12 and 169.254.0.0/16 fail (I didn't try 10.0.0.0/8, too long). I also tried to ping (from static) my gateway through the switch (only 2 cables [link leds OK on 4 ends] on 10/100/1000 ports) with 1-2% packets success when I get 100% OK <1ms when direct attached. And I can't even get a DHCP lease through the switch.

And the switch is hotter than the 2 working ones that are hot yet even I wall-mount them vertical with air vents up-down (BTW, the attach hole profiles are not well designed for vertical wall-mount, only good for horizontal mount which is not optimal. SFP sides are hotter than 10/100/1000: would you advise mounting with SFP on top or bottom for best cooling?) … I wander if there is a bad thermal design in this series, poorly workedaround with metal case as heatsink. I choose and loved them because they were fanless.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 525  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Fab

Did you press the reset button for more than 10 seconds? If not, could you try to reset again and use the default IP 192.168.1.3 to access the Web GUI?    

Additionally, could you please provide us with the following information: 

1. Is the switch being used with SFP? If so, what is the SFP module's model? 
    2. Please kindly provide us with the device MAC address and S/N via private message. This information will help us provide further assistance with your issue. 

Kay 

Kay

• Fab
    First Comment

The docs is ambiguous : it states reset when press button "more than 6 seconds or
    until the PWR/SYS LED begins to blink and then release it." I did it, yes, but as the switch is brand new in sealed packaging, it should already be set to defaults. Although the strange thing is I had no issue with the 2 others but the GUI has DHCP client enabled by default AND static IP 192.168.1.3 set: how is it possible?

More info : I swapped the power wall-mount adapter with the one of a working switch with no difference. @Kay I PM'd the requested info (S/N + MAC)

Have a good day

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 525  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi @Fab

Based on your description, it seems your switch is abnormal. Please reference this link (RMA - Claiming Warranty Service for a Zyxel Product? (Using the RMA-Process) – Zyxel Support Campus EMEA) to submit RMA request. Thank you for your patience and understanding.  

Kay 

Kay

• Fab
    First Comment

Hi

The defective switch was replaced by my resseler (warranty).

Thanks