USG310 2 ISP

Options
oybek21
oybek21 Posts: 10
First Comment

I am using USG 310 with two ISP one with PPPoE and 2nd one connected by ip(using bridge) how to combine together? Trunk not working. Maybe i am doing something incorrectly. Can you share some tips to make it work properly.

WAN 1

WAN 2

Inactivated for now

Trunk

Accepted Solution

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hmm. 192.168.xxx.1 on a WAN interface, that is curious. Makes me think that the WAN interface is connected to another interface before accessing the internet … or some sort of virtualization at the ISP side?

All Replies

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    Options

Not sure if this can be done, but I might be wrong since I don't know all the details of USG310.

The main challenge here is that you need to combine Load Balancing with Routing and the "trunk" physical connection. Looking through search results, it seems there are other products, both software and hardware, which could do the job, although VPN might not be what you are looking for to gain the extra speed from 2 ISP connections.

If this can be done on the USG310, and I don't even know whether it can be done via wizard guides, it would probably have to combine trunking, Load Balancing and Routing in one big setup.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,848  Guru Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I think the br1 for load balancer is the interface and not traffic going through the bridge.

I'm guess your 2nd ISP you want the WAN IP to device? Or is it from another router doing NAT? Can this router for 2nd ISP do static route?

• oybek21
    First Comment
    Options

To device(USG directly) PPPoE and 2nd from gpon connected.

• PeterUK
    edited July 2023
    Options

So what IP you get by 2nd connected?

what is your interface LAN IP subnet PC's get by USG310 ?

what interfaces are you using for br1?

• oybek21
    First Comment
    Options

Okay, see separetly both works, when WAN 1 with PPPoE is active and i Active BR1 it on;y works WAN by BR1. Ip get from gpon router to ge2 interface and to br1

• oybek21
    First Comment
    Options

WAN1 i am using GE1 and for 2nd i am using GE2

• PeterUK
    Options

but why the bridge br1?

• oybek21
    First Comment
    Options

Without BR1 internet not working.

• PeterUK
    edited July 2023
    Options

So the WAN IP you get from what my IP site is only from gpon router ISP your not using WAN 1 with PPPoE? What IP does your device get? is it from the bridge br1?

• oybek21
    First Comment
    Options

no see. From PPPoE it gets static public ip and it is connected to GE1 and 2 ISP GPON and it is using own router from router it is going to USG 310 by DHCP and gets ip 192.168.100.4 port GE2 and BR1 are same. here static route only showing ISP one

internal ip address up there

Security Highlight