XS1930-10: 10Gtek SFP+ DAC cable not working

Options
MarkoN
MarkoN Posts: 5
First Comment

10Gtek SFP+ DAC Twinax Cabel 5meter AWG26 doesn't seem to work with XS1930-10. Is there anything I can do to get it working? I have tried selecting the mediatype DAC10G. Partnumber for that cable is CAB-10GSFP-P5M

I have also 1.5m 10Gtek SFP+ DAC cable and that is working fine. Both cables work with my previous switch XGS1250-12.

All Replies

• monkeynia
    monkeynia Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

What's the device you connect with XS1930 via 10Gtek SFP+ DAC?

Did you try to connect a loop on XS1930 to verify it is not working on XS1930?

• MarkoN
    First Comment
    Options

It seems to work if I connect it to a loop on XS1930. 10G/F connection.

But if I connect it to a XGS1250-12 or server with Asus XG-C100F, the other end shows that the port is connected 10G/F, but XS1930 shows that port is down. The cable works between XGS1250-12 and Asus XG-C100F.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @MarkoN,

May I know if you changed the link speed on XGS1250-12 from auto to DAC? If not, could you change it and test it again?

Zyxel Melen

• MarkoN
    First Comment
    Options

The cable works between XGS1250-12 and Asus XG-C100F with speed/type selection auto and DAC.

It does not work with XS1930. I have tried to select the media type DAC10G and link speed 10G/F. Shorter cable works with those selections.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @MarkoD,

Thank you for sharing that information with me. It's great to know that you have already changed the media type to DAC10G on XS1930. However, I was wondering if you could help me with something else. When you connect XS1930 to XGS1250-12, do you happen to know the link speed option of the connecting port on XGS1250-12? If it is set to auto, could you please change it to DAC and test it again? Thank you for your help!

Zyxel Melen

• MarkoN
    First Comment
    Options

Yes, I have tried that also. Same result.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @MarkoD

Thanks for your feedback. I have tested Zyxel 1M-DAC & 3M-DAC which works with XGS1250-12 and XS1930.

The signal might be attenuated out of tolerance when the cable length is over 3 meters and cause link issues or packet loss. For the requirement that the connection length is longer than 3 meters, we recommend using fiber rather than DAC cable.

In addition, ZYXEL switch products are recommended to be used exclusively with ZYXEL brand modules to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
    Using modules from third-party sources can potentially lead to decreased network performance and reliability, such as packet loss and connectivity issues, which ZYXEL could not guarantee. ZYXEL may not offer technical support for networking issues identified as being caused by IOP with third-party modules.

Zyxel Melen