[Alert] Network-Firewall-----AP Disconnect

Cobra
Cobra Posts: 14  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

USG60W still dropping Wifi with patch WK43 firmware (432AAKZ0ITS-WK43-r86079.zip). This is an alert that I received from the unit. I have attached the (zipped with 7-zip) diagnostic file to be analyzed. I need a solution to this problem ASAP.------thanks-------Donald

I need contact information for someone who has the Technical knowledge to resolve this problem once and for all.

No.  Date/Time           Source                 Destination    Priority            Category               Note                 

1    2018-11-26 22:05:17 127.0.0.1:54825   alert               capwap                                                                 

AP Disconnect. MAC:1C:74:0D:FE:E9:BD,Name:Local-AP,Reason:Idle in RUN State,Model:USG60W

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Cobra,

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are checking why the AP disconnect and connect and give you feedback.

7    2018-11-26 22:05:17 127.0.0.1:54825                             

alert               capwap                                                                

AP Disconnect. MAC:1C:74:0D:FE:E9:BD,Name:Local-AP,Reason:Idle in RUN State,Model:USG60W

8    2018-11-26 22:05:41                                             

info                capwap                                                                

Connect to WLAN Controller. IP:127.0.0.1

9    2018-11-26 22:05:41 127.0.0.1:51420                             

info                capwap                                                                

AP Connect. MAC:1C:74:0D:FE:E9:BD,Name:Local-AP,Model:USG60W

• Cobra
    Emily, The Wifi dropping issue continues to happen. See attached log file and I have also included the diagnostic information again. Additionally, there are logs showing deauth of stations due to "WPA authenticator requests disconnect" (see attached log)?? Is this related to the same issue?? Hopefully, we can get a resolution to this intermittent WiFi situation soon---I am sure others are having the same problem which makes this equipment unreliable in its current state----thanks---Donald

No.  Date/Time           Source                 Destination          

Priority            Category               Note                 

1    2018-11-27 07:55:54 127.0.0.1:51420                             

alert               capwap                                                                

• ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2018
    Hi Donald,
    i've a USG placed between intranet and a DMZ and have also 4 external AP configured on the USG. I see, that devices are connected to the USG are moved to a managed AP if the signal is better and the USG AP has no devices connected, until the WiFi range is better if one of the other managed APs are going down or have a heavy load.

Is the "Signal Threshold" enabled ? (in your Radio Profiles) ? 
    DCS enabeld ? if yes what value ?

Regards
    Christian

• Cobra
    Christian,

My problem is with the internal AP going down in the USG60W. Zyxel has discovered the root cause (they say) and are preparing a new firmware to hopefully resolve the issue. I do not have signal threshold enabled due to only having one AP, I do use DCS with a value of 720 minutes. What has been happening is that the Internal AP has been locking up and the SSID has been disappearing from the clients. After reboot, the AP would start working again. A lot of others have been having this problem as well.

Thanks-----------Donald
  • ChrisGer
    Hi Donald,
    i saw this message two times on my actualy ITS Firmware this day by checkup my SYSLOG server :/  V4.32(AAKZ.0)ITS-WK35-2018-10-02-180500318D

@Zyxel_Emily
    Hope, ZYXEL implement all the side effects-fixes in the next release ;)

Regards
    Christian

• danyedinak
    danyedinak Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Any update on a timeline for the firmware fix on this? I have 10 USG40W's and 9 USG60W's that are affected. 
    I also noticed that when I run "show capwap ap info" on a unit currently having problems, it returns : Online mgnt ap: 0
    Offline mgnt ap: 1
    I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way of setting the mgnt ap back to online without a reboot of the router.
  • Cobra
    Danyedinak,

Sorry to see that you are experiencing the same problems. To give you an update, Zyxel sent me an updated firmware which stopped the internal AP from disconnecting, however, a new problem manifested itself. Instead of going off line, the internal AP is now having intermittent issues where it quits routing traffic. I have provided info to Zyxel as to the continuing problem and they have setup a test system in attempt to replicate the issues that I am still experiencing. It is ridiculous to be having these problems, but as long as Zyxel is trying to resolve the issue, I will assist in the efforts. Hopefully, we can get this issue resolved once and for all for everybody having this issue which I am sure is a lot of people with these products. I will let you know when the issue is resolved, but it might take a little while to chase down the intermittent issues.

Have a good one--------Donald
  • ChrisGer
    Hi @danyedinak and @Cobra
    i can also confirm such side effects with a USG60W.
    In my case the Mgmt-AP gets its IP address but not the CAPWAP configurtation by the CAPWAP group config.

Currently all attatched CAPWAP APs are offline (even a reset of the AP didn't work) and the location is working on the internal AP of the USG only.

Regards
    Christian
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee

Hello @Cobra,
    Per discussed in private message, let’s keep looking and tracing on this issue in the message discussion.

@ChristianG

For your issue, we think it should be the same with the previous reported symptom. We’ll  send you the  firmware in private message.

• ChrisGer
    @Cobra and @danyedinak @Zyxel_Charlie
    i've a update for all. I've updated the USG to the ITS firmware that was served by ZYXEL

My result
    - my managed APs are comming up and working fine.
    - the internal AP is online and hase not downtime or disconnect states.

Tomorrow i configure my SSID's at a AP Group and forward the SSID's (vLANs) to the APs, that are connected to the GS1900/GS1920-HP switches.

Regards and thanks for the quick response and build of this ITS firmware to fix the issues.

Regards
    Christian

Security Highlight