Zyxel XGS4600, how to restore saved config

Options
Smartqwerty
Smartqwerty Posts: 13
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Good afternoon
I have a Zyxel XGS 4600, the configuration file was saved from it.
After that, on the second XGS 4600, I try to restore the configuration file via the web interface, point to the saved file, then click load, the loading bar runs, but neither running-config nor config1/2 changes, the configuration is not applied.
I tried replacing the config1 configuration file via a tftp connection, but the switch does not allow me to overwrite this file.
I decided to restore through the cli interface, but problems still happen, the switch does not accept the entire config via copy-paste, it must be written down in parts.
What am I doing wrong, how can I restore the configuration normally?

Video is attached: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/55nqDQG6biiUbg
Firmware Version V4.70(ABIK.4)

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Smartqwerty ,

Based on your video, it appears you utilized the standalone mode configuration file for restoration on the stacked device (second device).

If you do not require stacking on the second device, please navigate to the GUI, go to Basic Setting > Stacking > Configuration, and disable the "Active" button before proceeding with the configuration restoration.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Smartqwerty ,

Based on your video, it appears you utilized the standalone mode configuration file for restoration on the stacked device (second device).

If you do not require stacking on the second device, please navigate to the GUI, go to Basic Setting > Stacking > Configuration, and disable the "Active" button before proceeding with the configuration restoration.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Smartqwerty
    Smartqwerty Posts: 13
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited March 29
    Options
    Good afternoon
    This is the solution!
    Thank you for your answer, I didn’t know that the stacking mode could interfere, I thought that the entire config would be overflowed.