GS1920 The device keeps resetting, not just rebooting

Options
leesm803
leesm803 Posts: 6
Friend Collector First Comment

The device keeps resetting, not just rebooting. I've always checked the logs every time the auto-reset happened. Please see below the screenshot.

As you can see, the device reset itself without any administrative commands. Additionally, the time will be reset back to the default of January 1st.

Do you have similar cases or know the cause?

All Replies

• leesm803
    Options

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,336  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Was manually reset ever? It's a tiny possibility but… also reset buttons break, from time to time.

• leesm803
    Options

No, I have never manually reset it.
    Suddenly, a communication error VOC was received, and when I checked, it was automatically reset.

• leesm803
    Options

No, I have never manually reset it.
    Suddenly, a communication error VOC was received, and when I checked, it was automatically reset.

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,336  Guru Member
    Options

How old is the device?

It's installed in dusty or moist environment?

As a "stupid" test for avoid some pranks, put a piece of tape on the reset buttons, you should see if is punctured or removed for reapply after the reset.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @leesm803 ,

It appears that your switch model is GS1920-48v2 and it is currently running on the significantly outdated firmware version V4.50(ABMJ.0). Since then, we have implemented numerous fixes and enhancements. As of this writing, the most recent firmware version is 4.80(ABMJ.0)C0. Please upgrade your firmware to version 4.80(ABMJ.0)C0 and monitor if the reset issue persists.

If the issue continues, kindly collect the Tech-support information and share it with us via a private message by navigating to My Account > Message.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• leesm803
    Options

During the firmware improvement process from the current “V4.50(ABMJ.0)” to the latest “4.80(ABMJ.0)C0” version, I do not see any information indicating that the issue was resolved in a specific version.

Is there any clear RCA or reference check information on this issue from the vendor?

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @leesm803 ,

Please upgrade to firmware version V4.80, which includes comprehensive information and logs that will assist us in diagnosing the issue you reported and enhancements as well. After upgrading, kindly share the results with us. If the problem persists, please download and submit the tech-support file for further analysis.

• leesm803
    Options

Currently, GS1920-48 v1 is known to be an EoL discontinued version.
    Is it possible to share the last 4.50 firmware of v1?

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @leesm803 ,

V4.50 (ABMJ.0) in your provided logs is the firmware version for the GS1920-48v2 switch. You can use the 4.80(ABMJ.0)C0 firmware file provided above.

The latest firmware for the GS1920-48 v1 is 4.50 (AAOA.3)C0