Unlocking several portals when using CIP

sphtd
sphtd Posts: 2  Freshman Member

Hi!

I use the built-in Children's Internet Protection policy. I use this policy in education. This is a very nice thing, but I would like to unblock Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo.

The problem with YouTube and Vimeo is that a message related to HSTS appears. I would like to add these two services to exceptions, but I cannot find such an option in my model.

However, I added Facebook to the Allow list, as in the screenshot. (I haven't had a chance to test if it works yet)

Model: USG FLEX 700H

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,300  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @sphtd,

For YouTube and Vimeo, you can add these websites to the allow list, or unselect the Streaming Media option.

The current allowed item should be changed to "*.facebook.com" or "*facebook.com"

• dk7
    dk7 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Hi,

thanks for reply. I added facebook.com and *.facebook.com to allow list and i see facebook page like this:

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,300  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @dk7,

After checking the code of the Facebook login portal, I found that some of the elements are not using the domain we suspected.

For example:

The red square part uses this domain "https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/y1/r/4lCu2zih0ca.svg", which is recognized as "content-server, social-networking".

Therefore, please help to unselect the "social-networking" option in the CIP policy and test again.