USG FLEX 50 (USG20-VPN)

patbyl
patbyl Posts: 4  Freshman Member
First Comment

Hello,

after resetting the USG, impossible to connect it with IP 192.168.1.1

ping no answer, with Wireshark I see no traffic on the IP 192.168.1.1

Power and SYS leds are green and stable, P2 led is orange and blinking

My router DHCP give 192.168.1.1 to the USG, P2 is WAN ..

so, I don't know what to do..

I tried with Chrome, IE,..another computer…same problem

thanks

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 995  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @patbyl

Could you confirm which port your PC is connected to on the firewall? After a factory reset, please ensure you're connecting to one of the LAN ports (P3 or P4).

Additionally, you can use the ZON Utility to scan your network and check if it detects the USG. You can then try accessing the device using the IP address ZON discovers.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, please capture network packets and send them to us via private message for further analysis. It would also be helpful if you could share a video showing how your PC is connected to the USG, along with the troubleshooting steps you've already taken.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @patbyl

Based on the LED indicators, it seems your firewall is powering on correctly.

The issue could be related to an IP conflict in your network. To troubleshoot further, we recommend isolating the firewall by connecting the LAN port directly to your PC. The default IP address is 192.168.1.1, and make sure you've reset the firewall correctly before attempting access.

To reset the firewall to factory settings, press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds, or until the SYS LED starts blinking.

If you still encounter issues after trying this, feel free to share more details, and we'll assist you further.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• patbyl
    First Comment

Hello KAY

thanks for your message,

I connect USG direct to my PC, no ping, no connexion

Led P2 become green, sometime orange,

my PC send ARP connexion to USG but no response

PC 192.168.1.5/ 255.255.255.0/ gateway 192.168.1.1

USG 192.168.1.1

regards

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓

Hi @patbyl

Could you confirm which port your PC is connected to on the firewall? After a factory reset, please ensure you're connecting to one of the LAN ports (P3 or P4).

Additionally, you can use the ZON Utility to scan your network and check if it detects the USG. You can then try accessing the device using the IP address ZON discovers.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, please capture network packets and send them to us via private message for further analysis. It would also be helpful if you could share a video showing how your PC is connected to the USG, along with the troubleshooting steps you've already taken.

Kay

• patbyl
    First Comment

Hi Kay

wonderful!…I used Zon utility and discover than IP address was 192.168.10.1

I don't know why because when you make a factory reset, the IP is 192.168.1.1

so, with my desktop PC, it's impossible to connect it but I used a laptop and I connect the USG

it's a success !

I start wifi and it's working..

thanks so much for your help

regards

Pat