GS1900-8HP Web Access

TomorrowOcean
TomorrowOcean Posts: 59  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch

Hi everyone,

I know I need to go to 192.168.1.1 to access the switch.
But right now my Asus router uses that address. I've used 192.168.1.1 and my Asus router admin page comes up.
I'm assuming that I need to change the Asus router address to something like 192.168.1.2 in order to access the switch. Is that correct?
Also can I change the switches address to 192.168.1.X? so that I can put my router back to 192.168.1.1. I like things neat.

I changed the Asus router address and I still can't get to 192.168.1.1. I get a page timeout.
The devices that are connected to the switch are working, I just can't get to the switch admin page.

Does anyone know where the problem is? Thanks!

Comments

• JasonTsai
    JasonTsai Posts: 104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @TomorrowOcean,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

I assume that your PC's IP address already set to 192.168.1.X/24 subnet, because you already can access to Asus router, but when trying to login switch, you get the page timeout.

I suggest you may check your PC's ARP table first.

1. Use [Win]+[R], then key in “cmd” and click “Enter”.
    2. Key in “arp -a” to show PC’s ARP table

Maybe the PC's ARP entry still keep on Asus router's MAC address for ip 192.168.1.1.

If ARP entry is correct for ip 192.168.1.1, but you still can't get to the switch admin page, you may use your browser in the incognito window (this is for Chrome) and go to 192.168.1.1 again. (Maybe it is related to the browser cache.) 

If successfully, you can change the switch to 192.168.1.X and change the router address back to 192.168.1.1.

Hope it helps.

Jason
  • TomorrowOcean
    TomorrowOcean Posts: 59  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Zyxel_Jason,

After I've checked the ARP table on my PC, the IP for 192.168.1.1 had changed to Zyxel MAC address. And noticed that I still cannot connect to Zyxel admin page.

Then, I changed my browser to the incognito window and I can successfully log in.
    So I think it is related to the browser cache, I'll clean it up and try again.

Thanks for the help!