WAC6303D-S the best for a smal Hotspot System?

Username_is_reserved
Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN

Hi

We have 4 Floors and need a Hotspot System. Since I have to buy everything new it must work.

I dont know which Zyxel Router I will buy yet. I looking for the WAC6303D-S the look the newest one.

For switch this one: GS2210 with an centralised Management.

I will not hany any cloud sshhtt. The Amy dont need to know what my internal network structure is.

Does anyone experience with WAC6303D-S?

All Replies

• Winnie
    Winnie Posts: 30  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

I like the WAC6303D-S has 3G/4G interference immunity capability, it can avoid the signal from outside. The smart antenna can detect user location to increase the signal.

As we know, only one user connect to the AP will get the highest throughput in the clear environment. When there are many users connect to the AP, the average value of throughput will be shared and get the lower value than one user result.

But for WAC6303D-S, the performance is still good even station number is high. I guess it's because it support 802.11ac wave 2 (MU-MIMO) and provide 3x3 smart antenna.

• RichardHan
    RichardHan Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    edited June 2019

I also recommended you to try NWA5123AC-HD, for it also support 802.11ac wave2 and  3G/4G interference immunity, so you can also benefit from the advantages above.

The difference between NWA5123AC-HD and WAC6303D-S is at the max station it can afford, and the later provides more features when managed by NXC controller,

However, it requires more information like concurrent user number, application type (video/instant message/web browser), Environment topology to recommend you the most cost-effective choice.

• Username_is_reserved
    Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi

This AP got tested from Ascom:

ZyXEL NWA5123-AC, sw V5.0.0 (AAIG.3) / V1.02

ZyXEL WAC5302D-S, sw V5.0.0 (AAIG.3) / V1.02

ZyXEL WAC6100 series, sw V5.0.0 (AAIG.3) / V1.02

ZyXEL WAC6500 series, sw V5.0.0 (AAIG.3) / V1.02

ZyXEL NXC2500, NXC5500, sw V5.0.0 (AAIG.3) / V1.02

However, it requires more information like concurrent user number,

application type (video/instant message/web browser), Environment

topology to recommend you the most cost-effective choice.

~10 User

What user so do Work, Watch Video, Livestreams, Isolate VoIP Stuff, 4 Virtual SSIDs,

• RichardHan
    RichardHan Posts: 29  Freshman Member

1. For the VoIP scenario, the recommend SSID number should be no more than 3. It's because each SSID broadcast its own "Wireless Beacon", too many beacons will delay the VoIP packets to be sent out.
    2. Since your scenario includes live streaming and video watching, 6100 series/ 6500series /6303D-S are more appropriate for you. For they've embedded 3X3 antennas, and provide higher throughput to afford FullHD video and streaming requirement.
    3. 10 Users is an appropriate number for each AP to serve(in good signal quality).
    4. As for the NXC controller, You can use it to configure APs in group without setting them one by one. Also it provides Layer3 functions like Firewall rules, Routing and captive portal. It can be an auth.server itself to provide 802.1X if needed.

Above are some recommendations to your scenario, hope it helps you.