[SecuReporter] Upload fail going out wrong interface?

PeterUK
PeterUK Posts: 2,651  Guru Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited April 2021 in Security

So I enabled the trail mostly out of interest on my Zywall 110 (firmware V4.33(AAAA.0)ITS-WK19-r88384) but it seems to be trying to go out of OPT and not VLAN443 which the trunk order is VLAN443 first.

Best Answers

All Replies

• PeterUK

VLAN443 is based on LAN1 and has internet by USG40, the Licensing > Registered refresh works and goes out vlan443 just fine.

• PeterUK
    edited July 2019

Setting the metric to 1 for VLAN443 now makes Upload succeed but really shouldn't need to with the order of the trunk to just make it work?

Thanks

• PeterUK
    edited July 2019

Now its gone back to:

[SecuReporter] Upload fail.

[SecuReporter] A connection timeout

trys to go out OPT port even if VLAN443 metric set to 1 now

Can see a traffic capture on OPT to 34.243.175.172 and nothing going out VLAN443 except for the Registration refresh.

• PeterUK
    edited July 2019

Good rule didn't think you can select ZyWall in routing.

So if next hop is VLAN443 with metric set to 0 would that work? edit seems to be working edit2 nope causes problems with ping to OPT so has to be auto.

edit3

Seem to be causing more problems

in Logs Category myZyXEL.com now shows

Connection error has occurred.

[SecuReporter] Parameter required. arg_cnt=8

and Registration status refresh shows

Unable to connect to myZyxel.Try again later. < or maybe its down? < Registration status refresh is up on my USG40 but something odd has happened to my Zywall 110...

• PeterUK
    edited July 2019

With the routing rule from ZyWall to any it causes Registered refresh to fail so it causes problems with that showing.

Unable to connect to myZyxel.Try again later.

This makes no sense the service license refresh works but not Registration refresh with this routing rule. So the service license refresh is not making an outgoing connection when clicked.

Edit disbaled the rule Registered refresh with VLAN443 metric set to 1 works again so something really bad with routing rule from ZyWall to any.

• PeterUK
    edited July 2019

So this is still a ongoing issue but just to update I have set both OPT and VLAN443 to metric 0 and when the upload fails or even a Registration refresh what seems to make it work again is to inactivate and activate VLAN443 then it works for some hours then trys going out OPT.

I have another setup with USG40 based on the same setup and that shows fine but have not activate SecuReporter but the Registration refresh works fine and going out VLAN443 with a uptime of over 24 days with V4.33(AALA.0)ITS-WK08-2019-03-14-190200778

Security Highlight