Zyxel GS-1900-24 connecting problem

bolvar
bolvar Posts: 4
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch

Dear Users!

I have a problem with the switch i get from my former colleague.

The problem is i set up the static ip for the switch and from wifi i cant reach the web interface.

I have a /23 network half of for the switchet servers etc, and half is for dhcp.(Wifi and cable connection gets the dhcp so its not meters im on calbe or wifi)

So if i give him a xx.xx.2.62 i can reach it from the servers, but from the dhcp no where i get a xx.xx3.39.

The mask is good everything setup is correct.If i set the managment port to dhcp i can reach it from everywhere.

Firmware is up to date.

Any ide for this?

Thanks for the help!

bolvar

All Replies

• Sakura_T
    Sakura_T Posts: 101  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Can you be more clear about the problem? A topology with detail would be helpful.

The hosts from wireless cannot reach switch's web interface?

How about ping? Not working either?

• bolvar
    First Comment

Dear Sakura_T!

Yes the ping is working just the web interface is unreachable.

There are seven more switch and i can reach all of them from wifi, the topology not mathers here.I have a core mtik and 3 tplink connected on it in one floor and 3 on anothet floor connected to one tplink, just the zyxel with i have problem.

The wierd that i can reach the fix ip what i set up with ping but after the factory reset now the switch is on dhcp on another ip...

• Sakura_T
    Sakura_T Posts: 101  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2019

As I recall, Zyxel switch gets DHCP as management IP after reset factory-default if there is an available DHCP server, if there is not then it goes static 192.168.1.1.

The way I see, maybe there is sort of remote access control in your original config to restrict IP range accessing switch's web interface (HTTP, HTTPS), but the ping is still ok. That's why it's all fine after you reset default.

• bolvar
    First Comment

No the problem is it is not good after factory reset to.

After factory reset i connect to the default 192.168.1.1 and change the ipv4 address to dhcp its gets an address what i reach from everywhere.

But if i change the address to the subnet what im reserved for the servers networks etc, i cannot reach the switch from the dhcp subnet.

Its the same network, /23 mask, same gateway, and when i try to connect to the web interface says connection refused.

• bolvar
    First Comment

Now maybe we have the problem.

We have a little problem with our internal dns server, and after we fixed and reseted the router again now its reachable.

After the ip change i have to connect it manualy to save the cfg but now its working.

Maybe zyxel is sensitive for dns settings?

• Ace
    Ace Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Answer

DNS is for resolved ip address usage if you were using ip address to access GS1900 then the problem should not relate to DNS server.

I think your can access GS1900's web interface when your PC directly connected. But switch cannot be access when pc connects on other devices(e.g: tplink or wireless). Am I right?

Maybe router has been created policy to deny traffic. After reset the router then it just work because policy removed.