404 error when trying to backup the config of GS1900-48

sthornto
sthornto Posts: 4
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch

I have a GS1900-48 with the latest firmware which will not backup the configuration through the GUI. When you select the running-config and backup via HTTP it would normally prompt you to save the file, instead I get the error:

--------------------------

404 Not Found

The requested URL /tmp/running-config.cfg was not found on this server.

--------------------------

A similar error occurs with the other backup options except the /tmp varies accordingly. I can run a show config via SSH but this is less convenient.

The configuration info from the config:

! System Description: ZyXEL GS1900-48 Switch

! Revision: A1

! Boot Version: V2.00 | 07/08/2015

! Firmware version: V2.40(AAHN.2) | 06/05/2019

Has anyone else encountered this problem and knows how to resolve this?

Thx

Simon

All Replies

• Sakura_T
    Sakura_T Posts: 101  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Try

1 . Disable Windows/system firewall and anti-virus.

2 . Clean browser's cache/cookie, or use incognito mode.

3 . Different browser.

• Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work as it is not a client side issue. The error is reported by the web server on the switch itself (lighthttpd?). The file path it refers to (/tmp/running-config) is not a windows path but a unix style path (I presume that the zyxel OS is some derivative of Linux).

• Sakura_T
    Sakura_T Posts: 101  Ally Member

Hi,

It seems to require javascript, have you checked it?

• Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee

Hi @sthornto

Welcome to Zyxel community!

We've tried our GS1900 on different OS with kinds of browsers (IE, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari) but cannot replicate your problem.

1. What (version) of OS and browser are you using?
    2. Did you access the web-GUI by directly connecting your PC to the GS1900? or is there a router/firewall in between?

Zyxel_Lucious

• sthornto
    First Comment
    edited September 2019

I have multiple Zyxel switches, mostly GS1900-24 running the same firmware version as the GS1900-48. From the same machine and browser I can make a backup on the GS1900-24s but not on the GS1900-48. I have tried on other browsers (IE6, IE10, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) and other platforms (Windows 10, Windows 7, XP, iPhone, Android, Linux). In all cases the 404 error only occurs on the GS1900-48. This is NOT a client side issue, 404 is file not found error reported by the webserver on the switch. It has nothing to do with javascript as that is running in the browser on the client side. For reference the machines are connected directly to the switch and I can access and use the GUI (which means that the javascript components are working), it is only backup via HTTP that fails.

• Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee

Hi @sthornto

For our local issue replication, I will PM you for the detail if it's okay for you.

Zyxel_Lucious

• sthornto
    First Comment
    edited September 2019

Update: I re-flashed the latest firmware , rebooted and was able to make a backup. However, after making some changes to the config and trying to make a backup the same 404 error appeared.

Update 2: I have the same error now on one of the GS1900-24s (404 /tmp/running-config.cfg not found)

• lindhe
    lindhe Posts: 1
    I've also got this problem. :/ I've taken multiple config backups today and yesterday, and suddenly it stopped with this error. I tried rebooting, and it didn't help. Now it works again, for no reason.

Model Name: GS1900-8HP
    Firmware Version: V2.60(AAHI.3) | 01/05/2021
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2022
    Hi @lindhe,

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    This is a known problem and we will fix it in the next official firmware release(About the end of September).
    If you need more association, please feel free to ask and I will help to solve your problem. 

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @lindhe,

Good day.
    It's been a while not see your reply, may I know do you need a date code firmware?

Zyxel Melen