[Nebula] How to extend wireless coverage with smart mesh?
Where to find:
Access point> Configure> AP & port settings> General setting> AP Smart mesh
The smart mesh is a WiFi mesh solution for Nebula APs. With Smart Mesh, you can have two or more Nebula APs automatically create a mesh network within your home or office. It’s usually used to extend the wireless signal and also able to use the wireless bridge to provide the wired network.
A man has a big house but there’s too much deployment of wired cable, so he can use the smart mesh to extend the wireless signal and use the wireless bridge to let his PC connect the network via wired cable.
1. Go to Access point> Configure> AP & port settings> General setting to enable AP Smart mesh.
2. Please connect both APs on the wired cable and deploy them to the locations after the configuration is up to date.
3. Go to AP information page by clicking the AP in Access point> Monitor> Access points and enable the wireless bridge, and add the Allowed VLANs to both APs.
4. After the configuration status is up to date, you can put the AP to the location with connecting the adaptor to power on or connected to a PoE switch which is connected with the wired PC as well.
5. After the smart mesh connected, the AP status will become to show it’s a repeater, and you can check the repeater AP connected AP information and link rate in the Access point> Monitor> Access points.
1. Smart mesh can only be built with the APs in the same site
2. When you want to build the smart mesh with wireless bridge, both “root” and “repeater” AP support wireless bridge and enable it.
3. When the repeater is disconnected from the root AP for 30 minutes, it will reboot automatically to restart the smart mesh building procedure.
4. When the repeater is disconnected from the root AP, the SSID of the repeater AP will not broadcast.