Cannot remove EZMODE_VPN_L2TP

kaika313
kaika313 Posts: 31  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,

I know that this question was already posted but I didn't find a solution through given answers.
Firewall has firmware 4.39(AALA.1) and when I try to delete the EZMODE configuration made through wizard I simply cannot. When I click on Yes at this stage simply nothing happens and the connection remains. I need to remove this also because I cannot change advanced VPN settings of a connection made through wizard in Easy Mode.
What can I do?

Thank you

Kaika313

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,651  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Click references then you can find whats stopping your from removing it.

• kaika313
    It redirects me to VPN→ L2TP VPN. Here, if uncheck Enable L2TP Over IPSec, in VPN Connection I select none and then click on Apply it doesn't apply so probably this is the reason it doesn't let me to delete it because it remains enabled. What other options I have?
  • PeterUK
    edited March 2021
    What if you make another VPN connection with VPN gateway then in L2TP VPN select the new VPN connection? 
  • kaika313
    I've just tried. When I choose the alternative VPN connection (here named "Default_L2TP_VPN_Connection") and everything else related to it and click on Apply nothing happens. The firewall ignores it so I cannot test it.
  • PeterUK
    edited March 2021

I never used the wizard but this looks like a bug the only way than is to save the config and edit out the EZMODE_VPN_L2TP.

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi @kaika313,

If you want to delete L2TP profile that created by Easy Mode please try to remove following references for EZMODE_VPN_L2TP;

1-    Configuration > VPN Connection > EZMODE_VPN_L2TP > References > 3 Zone:System Default

2-    Configuration > VPN Connection > EZMODE_VPN_L2TP > References > 2 Policy Route

Best regards.

• kaika313
    Hi @Zyxel_Can,

in both sections they're already removed. But, if I try to remove EZMODE from VPN Connection nothing happens. I click Yes when the warning appears but EZMODE VPN stays there... is there a way to remove it manually as suggested by @PeterUK ?

Thank you
  • PeterUK
    backup your config two times and edit one in notepad click edit > find 
    crypto map EZMODE_VPN_L2TP
    and remove it keeping one "!" save upload to the USG apply it with "Ignore errors and finish applying the configuration file" and see if it work if not reset and load and apply the other backup file.

Security Highlight