SYSLOG command information

handersonglobalred
handersonglobalred Posts: 2  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi, how can i configure the switch gs2210-48hp by CLI to send commands messages to the syslog server? I need audit the commands made in switch. The command "syslog type commands privilege <0-14>" is not working in the version 4.30AAHW. 

Comments

• JasonTsai
    JasonTsai Posts: 104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @handersonglobalred,

Welcome to Zyxel community.

According to your description, I assume you might have more than one administrator to manage the switch and need to see the command in the Syslog server which another administrator made when he is out of office, am I right?
    If yes, our switch doesn't support to customize the logging type for the current design.

In our current design, the user may enable the following logging types to send the logs to the Syslog server when the event happens:
    1. System  = E.g. Reload config, Reboot device.
    2. Interface = E.g. Interface link up / down.
    3. Switch =  E.g. IP source guard, MAC Table full.
    4. AAA = E.g.  Authentication via Radius / TACACS server.
    5. IP = E.g. DHCP , PING.
    CLI Command is not an event notification message.

May you share your purpose to audit the command in the Syslog server?

Thanks.
    Jason
  • JasonTsai
    JasonTsai Posts: 104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @handersonglobalred,

In addition, if you have TACACS+ server in your network, you may configure to log command in the AAA setup configuration page.(Advanced Application -> AAA -> AAA Setup -> Accounting -> Commands)
    The switch will send the message(commands) to the TACACS+ server. You may find TACACS+ Administration.csv in the server.
    You may refer to the following link about it:
    https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-6/configuration-guide/b_cg76/b_cg76_chapter_0101010.html

Hope it helps.
    Jason
  • handersonglobalred
    handersonglobalred Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Hi Zyxel_Jason,

Thanks for your help!