USG 310 with Scheduling Reboot

Options
TorstenNoack
TorstenNoack Posts: 2
First Anniversary
edited April 2021 in Security
Hy all,
after the firmware-update from V4.39 [AAPJ.0] to V4.62 [AAPJ.0], the firewall [USG310] automatically restarts every two days at night.

The options "Schedule Reboot" and "
Auto Firmware Update" are deactivated. There is no "Shell Script" configured. The "show schedule-run"-command displays nothing.

Does somebody has any idea or the same phenomenon?

All Replies

• jonatan
    jonatan Posts: 146  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I also started to observe similar behavior on my device after updating the firmware from V4.38 from September 2020. Disabling modules helped: Session Control + AntiSpam + BWM. Later I also had to disable: Content filter + SSL Inspection. Now I am communicating with technical support about this.
    I would like to go back to firmware 4.38, but I need TLS 1.3.

• TorstenNoack
    Options
    Many thanks for your quick reply.
    I have only activated the following modules: Session Control, AntiSpam and Conten Filter.
    I don't want to deactivate it because I pay for it. If these modules cause the problem, however, I hope for a patch soon.
  • jonatan
    edited April 2021
    Options
    How do developers release firmware patches if they don't know what to fix ???

For diagnostics, you need to collect a console log.
    1. Update the USG firmware to the latest known firmware version. You can also check out our weekly build of the firmware. Perhaps your problem in it has already been fixed. Weekly firmware / support version / lab version

2. Connect to the USG console port using the terminal software (in this case we are using Putty).

3. Once you enter the CLI, use the following command to improve the log output: Router> kernel 8 console level debug

4. Send the console logs to Zyxel Support Campus personnel for analysis if the device continues to reboot.

I also have a valid subscription, but I'm not satisfied that the device can reboot at the most inopportune moment, so I disabled those modules that might be causing problems with my configuration.

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hi @TorstenNoack,

Can you provide the information that jonatan mentioned you to me by private message?

@jonatan,

What is your device model and which modules you disabled?

• jonatan
    Options
    My device is Zywall310:
    Disabled modules:
    -Session control
    -BWM
    -Content filter
    -SSL Inspection
    Antispam was also disabled, but the problem with it was fixed.
    In the near future, the technical support service should send a new firmware with fixes for a reboot. Hope this solves the stability issues of the device.

Security Highlight