Site to site VPN breakdown after updating to firmware version 5

Hoongks
Hoongks Posts: 9
Hi, Until recently my site to site VPN between USG 110 and USG FLEX 100 using firmware 4.62 have no problem connecting and both sites can be easily access each other for the last 6 months.
The USG FLEX 100 was recently updated to firmware v5.0. Now both sites cannot connect.
The USG FLEX 100 make use of ddns address and the USG 110 use a static address.
I have tested the connections with no firewalls as well as not running any NAT, it still cannot connect.
Anyone have any idea what has happen?

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 249  Zyxel Employee
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Hoongks,

Can you provide me temporarily remote access with an admin account both for USG110 and USG FLEX 100 and send me by private message?

I would like to check that symptom for you.
  • Zyxel_Can
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Hoongks,

I can't access the gateways that you provide me by private message.

Could you please check if remote access was configured properly?

• Zyxel_Can
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Hoongks,

After re-configuring site-to-site VPN, it works now as expected.
  • Zyxel_Can
    edited May 10 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Hoongks,

Your VPN tunnel problem has been fixed.
    Regarding to your rebooting issue, can you provide me the information that I mentioned in the private message?
  • Zyxel_Can
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Hoongks,

Thank you for providing me remote access to client with RS-232.

Can you please also provide me remote admin access to your USG FLEX100 as well?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Can
    Hi @Hoongks,

We can't access to your gateway.

Does the reboot issue still exist?
    If so, can you please provide me remote access again?
  • Hoongks
    As I comment earlier, the system suddenly cannot be access as I cannot obtained any ip address on my computer. I did a hard reset to be able to access via the the web explorer. I will leave the computer on at all time so you can access anytime.
  • Zyxel_Can
    Hi @Hoongks,

We're debugging in your site. Please kindly don't reboot your USG FLEX 100 manually.
    Have you ever done ZTP configuration for your USG FLEX 100? (Register to Nebula)
  • Hoongks
    ok, I will not do any reboot manually and will let you known if it reset or hang. No, I never register for Nebula as I not sure what it actually do.
  • Hoongks
    I just a crash about half an hour ago. I was transferring a very large file from USG 110 to USG FLEX 100 and run for slightly more than an hour before it crash. I have speed of 200 mbs for the USG 110 and a speed of 1000mbs for the internet fibre connection. I will doing a backup at 10 pm and 1 am tomorrow. So far for these 2 backup there are no crash mainly because they are smaller files. I have left the computer on for you to access any time. No change in Teamviewer host and and admin password for Flex 100.
Sign In to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click on this button!