IDP Whitelist for one IP

Options
KITNIT
KITNIT Posts: 5
First Comment
Hey,

i have a site-to-site vpn between a USG60 and a ATP500. Everything works fine, except one small issue.

In one LAN behind the ATP500 is our Exchange Server. ScanToMail with our printers out of all LANs behind the ATP500 works. If i try ScanToMail from the LAN behind the USG60 it gets blocked by the IDP Filter of the ATP500:
"SSI=N [type=Sig(111118)] Ipswitch IMail Server SMTP Service Buffer-Overflow Action: Reject Receiver Severity: high"
As a workaround i whitelisted the Sig111118 in the IDP Settings. Is it possible to whitelist the Signature just for the IP of the ScanToMail printers and not in general?

Thanks for your help!

All Replies

• jasailafan
    jasailafan Posts: 191  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    I guess it's IDP signature problem. Got a similar issue recently that sending email is blocked by IDP Sig 111118: Ipswitch IMail Server SMTP Service Buffer-Overflow. Already reported the issue to zyxel support. Waiting for their update.
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    Options

We are aware of IDP signature issue and we are investigating it.
  • Mario
    Mario Posts: 104  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I'm also affected by this signature problem...

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    The false positive for IDP Sig 111118: Ipswitch IMail Server SMTP Service Buffer-Overflow will be fixed in the latest IDP signature version 4.0.0.20210611.0 and 4.0.1.20210611.0.
    You can update IDP to this version and check if the issue is resolved.   
  • Ghalan
    Ghalan Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    Hello,

We had the same issue this week
    force update of IDP signature solves the issue.
    new version date is : 2021-06-11 03:10:00 (UTC+01:00)

FYI : Default schedule for IDP Signature auto update is once a week (Sunday 1am)

Security Highlight