cannot put NVM1123-AC-Pro in "Management Mode" to manage with USG110

Options
SiSZyComm
SiSZyComm Posts: 10
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
I have a Zyxel NVM1123-AC-Pro Access Point with the latest firmware v6.20 (ABHD.0) and a Zyxel USG110 with latest firmware v4.64 (AAPH.0).

But I'm unable to put the AP into "Management Mode". In older documentation/screenshots one has to under configuration > network > Management Mode either "Standalone" or "Managed AP". But i do not have these option in my web gui.

the documentation also states, one has to ensure the AP is in the same subnet as the APC, which I did:
Port 6 on USG110 assigned to LAN2 with IP 192.168.3.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the NVM1123 to 168.3.200. additionally I've activated in the advanced settings under "extended option" CAPWAP for IP-Address 192.168.3.1.

But my USG110 still does not discovery the AP and the AP is still in standalone mode.

So, why is this "Managed AP" option missing (see all other screenshots) and how do I put my NVM1123 into "Managed Mode"?

thank you & stay save!
SiSZyxel

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SiSZyxel,
    The NWA1123-AC PRO supports only standalone or cloud mode. So, it can't be managed by the USG110. Please consider to use Nebula if you want to manage the APs via a control center. Thanks.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SiSZyxel,
    The NWA1123-AC PRO supports only standalone or cloud mode. So, it can't be managed by the USG110. Please consider to use Nebula if you want to manage the APs via a control center. Thanks.
  • SiSZyComm
    SiSZyComm Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Dear Freda

Thank you for your quick response - much appreciated!

Well that's unfortunate, as I asked the reseller especially for this feature in liason with an USG110.

SiSZyComm