Securextender Mac BigSur V1.2.1 installed - problem with server port definition

Options
maurpra
maurpra Posts: 4
Hi,
on my USG I've changed the default SSLVPN port to 45007     In the Securextender connection definition I'm therefore adding the firewall IP WAN address in the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:45007   and than click SAVE button.   If I re-edit the just saved entry I found an extra :14400 being added resulting in xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:45007:14400 which of course is not landing anywhere on connecting.  If I delete and re-save, the sw is re-adding the :14400 suffix.
The result is that I can't no longer connect.  Please not the other Securextender clients we do have in the company's older Macs, works perfectly with the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:45007 syntax (no suffix added on save).
Is it normal?

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Smells like a bug to me...
    @maurpra i cannot tell when or if this can be patched, therefore... two hints:
    • Set secuextender port to 14400 (IMVHO this might be a "hard no")
    • Use L2TP as backup until the client (or MacOS) will be patched...
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    edited July 2021
    Options

The port 10444 on ZyWALL is used for receiving the packets sent from SecuExtender no matter SecuExtender Windows versoin or SecuExtender mac version.
    It doesn't affect SSL VPN establishment. 

• maurpra
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification, but since I've enabled the two-factor authorization for VPN, all of the Mac Securextender clients do not connect any longer.  The few external Windows ones do work (the email with link to authorize the connection is received and once selected, the connection is enabled. Working fine the same through LPT2 connection.)   On the Securextender on MACs the connection timesout quickly and no email authorization is received.  Therefore I was thinking that was the issue... It sounds like the problem is elsewhere....

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Please send me the remote access of your USG and one SSL VPN account/password in private message.
  • maurpra
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I managed to get it working again with the two factor authorization. Something corrupted on install most likely.  After de-installing and cleaning install residual with an utility, reinstalling the latest version 1.2.1 now the connection request is going out again.....
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    Options
    Which utility did you used?
  • maurpra
    Options
    CleanMyMac X which found residual files to be eliminated...

Security Highlight