Currently using a USG60 upgrading to a Zywall 110.

Options
Currently using a USG60 upgrading to a Zywall 110. Can the config files from the USG60 be moved to the Zywall 110?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,454  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    HI @drew967,
    Welcome to Zyxel community.  :)
    It's unable to use converter from USG60 to ZyWall110. You need to configure it manually.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    Options
    @Zyxel_Cooldia the answer is shocking to me.
    Why any customer in possess of USG40 or 60 should consider to buy another Zyxel appliance for an upgrade, without the gamechanging advantage of migrating the configuration?

Any customer who followed my advice to go for a Zyxel product could throw away any my subsequent suggestion.

Downtime, configuration review and test from external devices and uses is going to be the same if the customer buys a Zyxel, a NetGear, a Ubiquiti or any other vendor device.
  • drew967
    drew967 Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, that was the whole reason of looking to upgrade from a product in the same line. Very disappointed and I may seek out another company.
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,763  Guru Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Going from a USG60 to Zywall 110 is not that big of a upgrade.

I have a Zywall 110 thats heavily config and I'm not looking forward to re-config in years to come on a faster device but its just one of them things that has to be done.

• mMontana
    Options
    @PeterUK USG60 has a bit "years" from release, so at least replacing is an option for have a fresher device.
    Anyway: are you talking about performance, features or what?
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Actually, we have online converter tool to help user migrate device setting to new device, but it’s mainly for migration to different series, e.g. USG series to VPN/ATP/FLEX series. 
    For migration within the same series, it's unable to migrate at current design, we may need to set up manually.  Appreciate the suggestion and we will take this into account for our future evaluation.

Online converter

https://convert.cloud.zyxel.com/

• mMontana
    Options
    Currently the converter already manage to change the generation from older USGs to current/soon dead USGs. But Zywal 110 is put among USG20-VPN as part of the same family.

May I suppose that i am not able to upgrade from USG20-VPN to Zywal110?
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thanks for valuable feedback, i move this topic to ideas section for future evaluation.  :) 
  • mMontana
    Options
    Consider that in several parts of the world, August is considered holidays. Take the necessary time for the evaluation of the "likeness" of the feature.

Security Highlight