NAW210AX or WAX610D

mrFFM
mrFFM Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
I am looking into upgrading my SOHO environment to WIFI-6. Based on previous experience, two APs should offer sufficient coverage. Both APs would be connected to a 10GE backbone with an XS1930-10.

I wouldn't want to enable cloud management nor would I want to have the additional overhead of a WIFI Controller. The idea is to configure the same three SSIDs (with the same three VLANs) on both APs. Do the NWA210AX and WAX610D support fast roaming between both APs in standalone mode and would this be without noticeable disruption on the (modern) end point? Assuming the NWA210AX meets this requirement, any reason why I should nevertheless look at the WAX610D for my specific setup?

Many thanks for sharing any considerations you may have on this topic! 

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi @mrFFM

Both NWA210AX and WAX610D support fast roaming in standalone mode.

Setup the same SSID and security settings on both APs and deploy/mount AP properly, you can enjoy seamless roaming.

The spec difference between NWA210AX and WAX610D are as below:

1. Antenna: WAX610D has dual-optimized antenna that user could according to the mount type to configure the corresponding antenna mode.

2. Power: NWA210AX power is lower than WAX610D so if the AP signal has to pass obstacles like walls your environment, we’ll suggest to WAX610D.

3. Manageable: both of two models can be managed by Nebula. But only WAX610D can be managed by AP Controller.

You could consider first and second feature which model is suitable for your environment.

NWA210AX https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/802-11ax--WiFi-6--Dual-Radio-PoE-Access-Point-NWA210AX/

WAX610D https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/802-11ax--WiFi-6--Dual-Radio-Unified-Pro-Access-Point-WAX610D/

If you require any further information, feel free to let us know. Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• mrFFM
    mrFFM Posts: 2
    Hi Bella,

great, many thanks for your swift and competent reply!

Regards
    mrFFM