New Firmware for the USG FLEX Firewall with Nebula P12
About the new firmware for USG FLEX firewall1. On 27/Sep, the new version of the Nebula will go live.
2. On 7/Sep, Zyxel will send out prior notice to every customer using USG FLEX firewall with Nebula. You will see a reminder (banner) once you logged on to the Nebula.
3. Zyxel is encouraging every customer to upgrade the firmware of their USG FLEX firewall 27/Sep onward, because you will have the flexibility to manage downtime during the operation.
4. Please be aware of the consequences, if the USG FLEX is running old 5.0 firmware after the Nebula revision:
- Customer cannot see the usage report of (1) client, (2) port, and (3) application, when the USG FLEX running old 5.0 firmware.
- This problem can be solved by upgrading to the new 5.1 firmware.
- Finally, on 4/Oct, Zyxel will trigger firmware upgrade to those Nebula-managed USG FLEX still running old 5.0 firmware.
About "data counter reset" after the new Nebula revision on 27/Sep1. When the Nebula revision goes live on 27/Sep, the way Nebula calculating the (1) client, (2) port, and (3) application usage report has changed, in that:
- Customer cannot see usage report of (1) client, (2) port, and (3) application, against raw data collected from 11/Apr to 26/Sep.
- Customer cannot see usage report of (1) client, (2) port, and (3) application, because Nebula stops collecting raw data from the USG FLEX running old 5.0 firmware 27/Sep onward.
- Customer can see usage report of (1) client, (2) port, and (3) application, against raw data reported by the USG FLEX running new 5.1 firmware 27/Sep onward.
- The missing part is only the usage report of (1) client, (2) port, and (3) application. Everything else remains accessible e.g. event log.
- You could open support ticket directly within Nebula portal and Zyxel support will run the summary report and deliver it to you.
- 5.7K All Categories
- 1.1K Nebula
- 14 Nebula Ideas
- 9 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 3.2K Security
- 173 Security Ideas
- 571 Switch
- 25 Switch Ideas
- 393 WirelessLAN
- 3 WLAN Ideas
- 4.1K Consumer Product
- 43 Service & License
- 178 New and Release
- 35 Stories
- 23 Security Advisories
- 443 FAQ
- 202 Nebula FAQ
- 97 Security FAQ
- 65 Switch FAQ
- 63 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 20 Nebula Monthly Express
- 27 About Community
- 17 Security Highlight