[Release Note] Nebula Access Point Series - Phase 3 firmware has been released!
Zyxel Nebula Access Point Series
Firmware Version on all models
Zyxel NAP102 - V1.03(ABDF.0)
Zyxel NAP203 - V1.03(ABFA.0)
Zyxel NAP303 - V1.03(ABEX.0)
Zyxel NAP353 - V1.03(ABEY.0)
New Feature and Enhancements
- The NCC GUI to configuring AP's SSID and Authentication are improved.
- AP now supports MAC-based Authentication with WPA2 Pre-shared key.
- Enhanced the login mechanism and portal redirection capability of Facebook login captive portal.
- Unicode can be used in the description of each AP Layer 2 Isolation rule.
- Support Client Steering (RSSI Threshold) feature.
- Captive portal redirect URL supports AP and client IP/MAC address parameters.
- Improved layer 2 roaming mechanisms.
- Support configuring http proxy for AP internet access.
- NAP will now renew DHCP IP if detected gateway IP change.
- Support the display of 802.1x authenticated client info.
- Event Log enhancement on client usage and link speed display.
Bug Fix of Major Release
- Fixed the error where promotion URL sometimes cannot redirect when applying with Facebook login.
- Fixed the issue where RADIUS secret cannot be provisioned with the ‘.’ dot character.
- NAP now applies the Nebula cloud certificate for 802.1x authentication.
- Fixed the issue of captive portal clients not required to re-authenticate when re-auth time is set to more than 2 days.
- Fixed the issue of captive portal clients being randomly needing re-authentication.
- Captive portal clients no longer require re-authentication when switching between 2.4G and 5G radio on the same SSID.
- Fixed the issue of SSID scheduling causing traffic stuck by handheld client devices under power saving mode.
- Fixed the issue of NAP not properly provisioning SSID VLAN setting that includes the digit ‘8’.
- Fixed the issue of random CPU high due to daemon malfunction when captive portal is enabled.
- Fixed the issue of some client info displaying NA when SSID are named with space character.
- Fixed the issue where iOS devices randomly could not connect to a different SSID of the same access point.
- Fixed the issue of NAP does not limit simultaneous logged in clients of captive portal “one device at a time” configuration.
- Fixed the memory leak of 802.1x authentication related modules.
- Radius attribute for calling station ID now sends the client MAC address.
1. Fixed the issue of device randomly reboot when collecting tech support diagnostics.
2. Fixed memory leak of radius related daemons.
- To all users when upgrading Nebula devices, please make sure your device is connected to the control center and internet.
- During the upgrade process (notice the LED will flash in red rapidly), make sure the power is not inturruped or disabled, in the unlikely event of this happening, you may have to perform the upgrade again.
Nebula Forum Moderator
- 5.8K All Categories
- 1.2K Nebula
- 15 Nebula Ideas
- 12 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 3.3K Security
- 178 Security Ideas
- 583 Switch
- 25 Switch Ideas
- 406 WirelessLAN
- 3 WLAN Ideas
- 4.1K Consumer Product
- 51 Service & License
- 187 New and Release
- 40 Stories
- 24 Security Advisories
- 448 FAQ
- 206 Nebula FAQ
- 98 Security FAQ
- 65 Switch FAQ
- 63 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 20 Nebula Monthly Express
- 30 About Community
- 18 Security Highlight