PPP Over Cellular on USG firewall

Options
Hi,
I have a USG60 and like to check if it may be possible to initiate PPP connection over cellular? I tried to create the PPP profile however from the base interface, I dont see cellular for selection; thus I like to check if it may support PPP over cellular? For the cellular, it connected via USB modem

Any suggestion is appreciated :)

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,454  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @cwtang0102,

Welcome to Zyxel community. :)
    Can you share more information about this scenario? Is it only on specific service provider ?
    In general case, most dongle can dial up directly for Internet access.
  • cwtang0102
    Options
    Hi,
    For the use case, its to make use of vpn service providers like purevpn/nordvpn/etc... to provide a public ip address so it may be accessible from internet for remote access to the zyxel or hosting service. I understand not all service providers provide public ip address on cellular which the vpn service providers helps to address the limitation on the service providers.

I like to check if it may support PPP over cellular in this case?

• cwtang0102
    Options
    I like to check if Zyxel may have a product which have inbuilt sim and 3G/4G/5G modem and also supporting VPN service both dial in (Remote access) and dial out (Lan to LAN including PPP over cellular)? 

I am considering to upgrade my existing usg60 if there is one :)
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,454  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @cwtang0102,
    It may need two box solution. Zyxel LTE router run as sim modem, and VPN service is on Firewall USG60.
    Topology:
    Internet )))(((( LTE router ---- Firewall ---- PC
    https://www.zyxel.com/tw/zh/products_services/5G-NR-Indoor-Router-NR5101/specifications

Security Highlight