TX/RX Statistik

Options
I'm confused about the RX/TX static at the dashboard of the ATP200.
P2 is used as the WAN1 with DSL 100/40Mbit/sec. It is connected to a DSL-Modem over an 1Gbit/sec Ethernet wire. But at the statistic are shown through pass rates up to 9.000,000Mbps and more. These are more than 8,5Gbit/sec, more than the Ethernet can handle and much more than my internet connection.
The same is shown at the P4. The cable and switch is design for 1Gbit/sec and here are shown rats up to 70.000,00Mbps and more.

Do I read this statistic the right way? How is it possible? Where are the mistakes/error/bugs?

Thanks a lot
Oliver

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Could you share the screen shot of Tx/Rx Statistics with us? Here is an example of the screen shot. 

• Schadeng
    Options
    Of Course 😉

• Schadeng
    Options
    Hi!
    Why isn't this noticeable in beta tests with devices from the professional segment? I would have expected that from a device from the cheap segment, but please not here!
    I did like realizing that I'm not too stupid to convert Mbps to Gbps. The software, on the other hand...Why isn't this noticeable in beta tests with devices from the professional segment? I would have expected that from a device from the cheap segment, but please not here!
    I did like realizing that I'm not too stupid to convert Mbps to Gbps. The software, on the other hand...
    Where the connection is beyond me, but if you change the language in the ATP200 (from German to English or vice versa), the port throughput changes by a factor of 100000.

(left: English, right: German)

...that's not an amusement...

Where else are there programming errors in the box?
    Could this be one too?
    https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/12555/sometimes-the-ard-mediathek-works-but-mostly-not-at-one-tv/p1?new=1
    And a third problem that I recognized is a problem with the DNS 8.8.8.8. Okay, it's more an Android issue, because Android ignores the first DNS server address it gets by the DHCP server. The first DNS server address is hard programmed as 8.8.8.8, and it's not possible to change it. I noticed that because all phones connected to the WLAN  were repeatedly disconnected from the Internet because the DNS apparently cannot be reached. And, et voila, we are maybe at the ATP200 firewall settings..... The workaround is to set the IP addresses of the phone manually and static. This is possible at my own phones (and these of my family and coworker) but not at the one connected to the guest network.....
    I don't want to panic, and possibly I did some configuration mistakes by my own. But my configuration isn't magic and more or less out of the box.....

Best wishes
    Oliver
  • Schadeng
    Options
    HI!
    Why isn't this noticeable in beta tests with devices from the professional segment? I would have expected that from a device from the cheap segment, but please not here!
    I did like realizing that I'm not too stupid to convert Mbps to Gbps. The software, on the other hand...
    Where the connection is beyond me, but if you change the language in the ATP200 (from German to English or vice versa), the port throughput changes by a factor of 100000.

(left: English, right: German)

...that's not an amusement...

Where else are there programming errors in the box?
    Could this be one too?
    https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/12555/sometimes-the-ard-mediathek-works-but-mostly-not-at-one-tv/p1?new=1
    And a third problem that I recognized is a problem with the DNS 8.8.8.8. Okay, it's more an Android issue, because Android ignores the first DNS server address it gets by the DHCP server. The first DNS server address is hard programmed as 8.8.8.8, and it's not possible to change it. I noticed that because all phones connected to the WLAN  were repeatedly disconnected from the Internet because the DNS apparently cannot be reached. And, et voila, we are maybe at the ATP200 firewall settings..... The workaround is to set the IP addresses of the phone manually and static. This is possible at my own phones (and these of my family and coworker) but not at the one connected to the guest network.....
    I don't want to panic, and possibly I did some configuration mistakes by my own. But my configuration isn't magic and more or less out of the box.....

Best wishes
    Oliver
  • Zyxel_Tobias
    Zyxel_Tobias Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Dear Oliver,

as mentioned in another thread, the best would be to be in touch with the German Support Team, they can raise your concern towards development and you get adjusted firmware for these issues.

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=114093996354

Kind Regards,

Tobias

Security Highlight