Options
PeterUK
PeterUK Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
Community MVP First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited January 2022 in Security

Backup Cellular drop in and out

VPN300 V5.20(ABFC.0)

Cellular ZTE MF823D (CDC-ECM)

So I found out my backup Cellular is dropping out when my main DNS running bind by ISP MAC reset and went over to my Cellular and found its dropping connection pings by diagnostics > network tool fail then it starts working only to fail for x random mins and works for x random mins.

Is this a known problem? thanks

Edit so this is odd if I run a ping -t 1.1.1.1 its find then I make my bind use the Cellular for DNS Wireshark show its gong out Cellular with no reply yet the ping that was running before DNS starts getting no reply still replies but doing another ping to say 8.8.8.8 fail then DNS strats working again and can ping 8.8.8.8.  

Accepted Solution

• PeterUK
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

So after some more testing I think I have my answer it seems the O2 4G ZTE MF823D is doing Session Limiting and bind seems to hit the limit and can't make new sessions as a result. I had a backup 4G Huawei E303 and this has solved that problem.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

So after some more testing I think I have my answer it seems the O2 4G ZTE MF823D is doing Session Limiting and bind seems to hit the limit and can't make new sessions as a result. I had a backup 4G Huawei E303 and this has solved that problem.

Security Highlight