VPN client to site with USG40

Options
Hello everyone, I need help. First of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm French.

I would like to know if it's possible to create 2 VPN client to site through an USG 40.
The main site has 2 servers on 2 differents LAN.
The server 1 is one the port LAN1 of the zyxel USG 40 with IP 192.168.1.xxx
The server 2 is one the port LAN2 of the zyxel USG 40 with IP 192.168.2.xxx

I have some clients outside the site that must connect to server 1 to get access to folders on this server
I have other clients outside the site that must connect to serevr 2 to get access to folders on this server
and I have some clients outside the site that must connect to both servers

Can I create 2 VPN without using the Zyxel VPN client and using ths Windows based VPN client?

Thanks for your answers and your help.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,723  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2022
    Options

I would like to know if it's possible to create 2 VPN client to site through an USG 40.

Yes that should be possible but both ends must support site to site VPN as in they have a USG their side and must not use 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.2.xxx for their LAN also you need to know their LAN IP subnet for making site to site.

• Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 755  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @SEPHYROTH21,
    Greeting Forum. User-Auth start  at phase 1. So It's hard to determine where User can access when use VPN Profile.(Because it decide in "Local Policy" in Phase 2 ).

There is workaround:
    1)Create Remote Access use Wizard. For Native Windows client. We have L2TP or iKEv2.Please find the following UserGuide in Page 147.
    https://download.zyxel.com/ATP700/handbook/ATP700_ZLD5.20_Handbook.pdf
    2) Using Security Policy to restrcit User where to go .
    (User Kevin cannot reach LAN2 Subnet)

Kevin

Security Highlight