Options
2»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @leplagiste79

Basically, you can update firmware from 4.65 to our latest 5.35 firmware. But to avoid any unexpected error, please back up your current startup-config file in advance. You can download our latest firmware from this link. Thanks.

• Telecom
    Telecom Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Zyxel_Jeff,

I have the same issue, but with USG20W-VPN (FLEX50W) - need to upgrade to v5.36 from v4.38.
    At the myZyxel portal there is only 5.32, 5.35 and 5.36, but as I understand correctly, I need to upgrade to 5.10 first.

Can you send to me the version 5.10 please?

Regards,

• Zyxel_Jeff
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @Telecom

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, you can directly update your firmware to our latest version. You don't need to update to 5.10 first. Before updating to the latest firmware, we still recommend that you backup the current running-config to avoid any unexpected situations. It's a good habit to have. Thanks😉.

• CcHuMi
    CcHuMi Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Hi I am also in the same situation. My usg20-vpn was in 4.65 and the upgrade process to 5.36 (ABAQ.2) doesn't work from cloud firmware and local also. Firmware upgrade process stuck and usg20 never reboot to apply it.

I need a 5.10 I think to upgrade before.

Can someone please send a link to this firmware. I want to protect my usg20 who got the famous yesterday problem.

Thanks a lot

Pierre

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Options

Hi @CcHuMi

Thanks for reporting this case to us. If you are near your device, we suggest you can refer below steps to update firmware:
    STEP1. Download and back up the current running startup-config.conf file from the path: MAINTENANCE > File Manager > Configuration File.
    STEP2. Reboot to the standby partition.
    STEP3. Apply the current running startup-config.conf file.
    STEP4. Update to the latest firmware V5.36P2
    You could refer to this FAQ article, thanks.

• CcHuMi
    CcHuMi Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Jeff

I am not near the device. I am the administrator of computing but cannot be there for now(long road and a lot of zyxel to patch remotely) this is the only one I cannot patch.

Could I try another approach ?

Thanks

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Options

Hi @CcHuMi

OK, got it. Could you provide the remote Web-GUI link to us for further checking? We will send a private message to you later, please check your mail inbox. Thanks.

• Carb
    Carb Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I'm in the same situation and cant be on site to do this, rebooting to standby works cause I have done this on the locations I can access physically but I have a couple of units with no local access. This is really a deal breaker in our zyxel relationship, we have to look at other products in the future

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Options

Hi @Carb

Welcome to the Zyxel community. If you still cannot update the firmware successfully and the device is far away from you, could you share the device remote Web-GUI with us for further checking by private message? Thanks.

Security Highlight