Vpn ikev2 re-establishing if the option fall back to primary is selected

Hoygen83
Hoygen83 Posts: 21  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
Hello,
I have a usg flex 700 behind a nat, establishing vpn with another site.
I can see that if the option in the gateway settings "fall back to primay peer" is selected, and it is set to 3600 seconds, every hour the vpn has a disconnection.
That happens even if the vpn is connected to the primary peer ip.
So I am wondering, is there a specific log that can help me discover if there is something in the middle disturbing it?
Regards

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    WAN connections are verifing the connection status? On remote (calling) and local (waiting) side.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee

Can you share the screenshot of the 3600 seconds parameter configuration with us?
    BTW, while the VPN disconnects you can navigate the Web-GUI path: Monitor->Log -> View Log to see if there is any VPN disconnection related log.  If so, you can share the log with us, too. Maybe we can analyze that for you, thanks.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Hi @Hoygen83

One more question, if the VPN is disconnected, does the traffic still can be passed via the VPN tunnel?  Or not? Thanks.
  • Hoygen83
    Hoygen83 Posts: 21  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    when it is disconnected it will not pass.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    edited June 2022
    Hoygen83 

Thanks for your update. Can you share your VPN-related settings screenshots with us?  BTW, while the VPN disconnects are there any suspect logs relates to disconnection on the Monitor log? 

Security Highlight