[ATP/FLEX] How to Set Up L2TP over IPSec VPN with Cloud Authentication on Nebula?
Nebula Control Center provides a VPN solution that allows L2TP VPN users to connect through Cloud Authentication. This guide will assist in the configuration of Nebula L2TP VPN with Cloud Authentication.
1. Configure VPN accounts for Cloud Authentication
Navigate to Site-wide > Configure > Cloud Authentication, click +Add to create user profiles.
2. Configure the user profile
Input user’s Email, username, password, and tick VPN Access.
3. L2TP over IPsec Remote VPN configuration
- Navigate to Firewall > Configure > Remote Access VPN, input the secret, and select Nebula Cloud Authentication as the Authentication method.
- Input VPN users' Email addresses and click Send Email. The configuration script will be sent to the provided addresses.
4. Receive Email with VPN provisioning script
Once the Email is sent, users will receive an Email from [email protected] with Windows and masOS VPN provisioning scripts.
5. Install VPN configuration script and connect to L2TP VPN
- The .batfile file is for Windows, and the .mobileconfig file is for macOS. Due to security restrictions, the .batfile file needs to be renamed to .bat before execution.
- Double-click on the .bat file to create a VPN connection on Windows VPN settings
Click Connect and input the credentials.
Test the Result
Navigate to Firewall > Monitor > VPN connection > Client to site VPN login account, you will see the IP address you get from Client VPN subnet
Open cmd.exe and input “ipconfig”, you will see your client VPN IP address, and ping local network device successfully
- 7.8K All Categories
- 1.6K Nebula
- 55 Nebula Ideas
- 53 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 4.3K Security
- 217 Security Ideas
- 910 Switch
- 41 Switch Ideas
- 809 WirelessLAN
- 16 WLAN Ideas
- 5K Consumer Product
- 132 Service & License
- 260 News and Release
- 88 Success Stories
- 49 Security Advisories
- 6 Education Center
- 573 FAQ
- 273 Nebula FAQ
- 132 Security FAQ
- 73 Switch FAQ
- 72 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 7 Consumer Product FAQ
- 34 Nebula Monthly Express
- 67 About Community
- 40 Security Highlight