Timeout reaching category filter

Options
spallared
spallared Posts: 18  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited July 2022 in Security
Since this morning i noticed that my USG300 is unable to reach category filter and every query get a TIMEOUT message. 

It's a known issue common to everyone or my internet provider did something wrong with the upper firewall?

Does anyone knows the address(es) of the category filter so that i can check if the server can be reached from another network?

Thank you in advance

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,373  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @spallared
    Does the issue still exist in your environment? There is no problem when I querying from my office today.

• spallared
    Options
    Unfortunately yes, i'm still having this problem. I'm checking with my internet provider if there are rules that forbid my USG to reach zyxel category server, does anyone know the address(es) or URLs of Zyxel's category server?
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Options
    Hi @spallared
    I will send you private message for further check this issue directly.
  • spallared
    Options
    As i suppose there is some firewall set up from my internet provider that blocks the queries to the category filter of my firewall is it possible to know the addresses/urls and port that my usg310 contact to categorize urls?
    This would allow me to check if the problem is is in my provider and, in that case, ask it to open the needed ports.

Thank you
    Luca
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Options
    Hi @spallared
    When USG310 sending queries to Content Filter server, it will send to "zyxelcloud.rest.gti.mcafee.com" by TCP 443. If the ISP firewall could be managed, you can allow these conditions first.

Security Highlight