VPN Access to LTE-Router

WSCHUB
WSCHUB Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hello,
I am not sure if this is the right place for my question. I am installing a couple of small VPN Firewall VPN2S, each of them behind a LTE router. Following configuration: LTE-Router IP 192.168.30.1, VPN2S WAN IP 192.168.30.2,
Local LAN 10.0.0.0/24. Remote access to LAN 10.0.0.0/24 via VPN is working, but I am not able to get access to the Web Interface of the LTE-Router. A PC connected to the local LAN has acces to the LTE-Router, but it is not working from a VPN tunnel.  What is missing. Any help is appreciated.
WSCHUB

Comments

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @WSCHUB,
    It looks like VPN2S is behind a router with private IP.
    Can you post your network topology with IP subnet, and send me your configuration file via private message.
  • WSCHUB
    WSCHUB Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Hello, sorry for my late reply.
    It is a very small test configuration, nothing special.
    We have an LTE-Route with a public IP. Behind this router is the VPNS2. The network between LTE-router and VPNS2 is 192.168.30.0/24. This network goes into the WAN port of VPN2S.
    The LAN side of the VPNS2 is a 10.0.0.0/24 network. I can access this LAN and all devices via VPN. The problem is accessing the LTE-Router via VPN.
    I have access to the LTE-Routers Web-interface which is 192.168.30.1. from a computer connected to 10.0.0.0/24, but I cannot access this web-interface via VPN tunnel.
  • lalaland
    lalaland Posts: 90  Ally Member

It’s unable to access LTE router via VPN, because when site to site IP sec VPN established, the peer device only add remote Lan subnet at routing table.
    Peer USG does not know how to routing the packet to VPN2S for LTE router connection(192.168.30.1). you may connect to LTE router through LTE public IP directly.

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    edited July 2018
    @lalaland Thanks for your explanation.
    @WSCHUB If you can establish VPN tunnel with LTE Router. Maybe you can access to LTE router by WAN IP address.

Security Highlight