VLANs not working

killerbyte
killerbyte Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in Switch
I have problems with my VLANs and I am battling to figure out what is wrong.

I have 6 Zyxel Nebula enabled APs, connected to 6 Zyxel switches that all connect to a Ubiquiti 16 port fibre switch. VLAN DHCP is done by my Sophos firewall. 

I have 2 VLANs (100 - Guest Wifi, and 300 - Staff wifi for BYOD) and want to add some more but I need to figure out why these two aren't working. 
All APs are told to allow traffic for both VLANs on their ethernet ports. Each SSID has been given its VLAN ID. 
All switches have all ports tagged for each VLAN.

And it used to work but no longer works. 
I have limited VLAN experience but again... it all used to work. And now it doesn't.

So where can I start looking? What am I doing wrong? What information can I give you to help solve my problem. 

Comments

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,626  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2022
    Hi @killerbyte

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    As you've mentioned "it used to work but no longer works", I assume your VLAN settings are all correct. Could you describe more about the symptom?
    1. Are all wifi clients can get DHCP IP address but could not access the internet?
    2. Are all wifi clients can't get DHCP IP address?

If the symptom is 1, more likely the problem is related to the firewall, please help to check the routing settings on the firewall.

If the symptom is 2, more likely the problem is related to the VLAN settings, please help to check the VLAN port settings on the Ubiquiti switch, Zyxel switch and APs. Both ports should be a member of VLAN 100 & 300 and tagged out.
    If the VLAN settings are correct, but clients still can't get an IP address, please check the DHCP server pool if full or not. Because if it is full will lead DHCP client can't get an IP address.

In addition, since you did not mention which Zyxel switch models and AP models you are using, could you share with us?

Thanks.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,626  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @killerbyte,

Good day.
    It's been a while not see your feedback, may I know if the issue still persists?

Zyxel Melen