Changed PW doesn't work

USG_User
USG_User Posts: 369  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited April 2021 in Security
Today, when I tried to login, the USG showed me a login dialog which contains two additional password fields, means one for "user name", one for "current password", one for "new password", one for "confirm new password" and one for "one-time password". I never saw these additional "new password" and "confirm new password" fields in past. Is this something new of the v4.30?
But anyway, I've created a new password and confirmed it, but now I'm not longer able to login, neither with the new password nor with the old password.
My question: Is the password being saved in the startup.conf? Means when resetting the USG to factory default, login via admin/1234 and loading the last startup.conf, the old password is in place again after reboot?

Comments

• USG_User
    addendum: USG110 @ v4.30 AAPH.0 WK17
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,653  Guru Member

Maybe you had caps lock on for the new password?

You just have to reset and load from a backup file.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @USG_User,

The behavior is that, when you reset the USG to factory fault, log in credential is back to admin/1234.
    When you log in device at first time, it will prompt you to change password, the new password will save to startup-configuration then.

• USG_User
    In the meantime I have carryied out a factory reset by long-pressing the reset button. Unfortunately the sys LED didn't start blinking as described. But plugging-out the power supply encouraged the USG to reboot with factory settings. Then I have uploaded my last startup-config.conf which was directly applied without an additional reboot. Since then the USG works like before.
    Finally I have disabled the automatic password change after a defined number of days (preset was 180 days)

Security Highlight