Adding standalone firewalls to nebula will lose the licenses?

Options
GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 104  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in Service & License
Hello,
I decided to switch to Nebula moving firewalls from an old account to the new one connected with Nebula services.
On those on premise firewall I activated paid services (UTM, AP management etc.), so the problem is: will be those licenses moved to the Nebula services too?
Or I will lose those paid services?

Please give me a tip otherwise I have to wait those services expire.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,066  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Currently, USG60W doesn't support Nebula mode and doesn't support transferring the configuration file of on-premise mode to Nebula mode. Once the device is executed ZTP to a new site and would need to configure the new site unless the device is assigned to a legacy site again(i.e. It means the admin user removed the device from NCC organization but still reserve the old configuration on NCC. But the admin user still could assign a device to the legacy site and let it works again.). Perhaps, you could consider upgrading hardware to the ATP100/100W/USG FLEX 200 model, those models could be deployed in on-premise or Nebula mode.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    edited August 2022
    Options

Welcome to the Zyxel community. Once your on-premise firewall switch to Nebula mode, you still can have those license services on the Nebula mode, please refer to the green circle parts of the below table (such as the USG Flex700 model) to see which license services still can be used on the Nebula mode. 

• GiuseppeR
    GiuseppeR Posts: 104  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    I see few related articles about using USG20W with Nebula.
    I would like to move a pair of USG60W inside Nebula: is this model compatible with your cloud solution?
    Is there a guide to follow to migrate USG60W (or any other on premise firewall) to Nebula without losing config?
    I would like not to loose rules and other customizations.

Please let me know, have a nice day.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Currently, USG60W doesn't support Nebula mode and doesn't support transferring the configuration file of on-premise mode to Nebula mode. Once the device is executed ZTP to a new site and would need to configure the new site unless the device is assigned to a legacy site again(i.e. It means the admin user removed the device from NCC organization but still reserve the old configuration on NCC. But the admin user still could assign a device to the legacy site and let it works again.). Perhaps, you could consider upgrading hardware to the ATP100/100W/USG FLEX 200 model, those models could be deployed in on-premise or Nebula mode.

Service & License Help Center