USG20W-VPN: Problems establishing Wifi connection / spontaneous reboots

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @RAUL,

If you're using USG20W-VPN, you can download the firmware to verify the issue.

USG20W-VPN

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxgtlys7tyfuikf/432ABAR0ITS-WK43-r86079.zip?dl=0 

If the issue still persists after upgraded to 432ABAR0ITS-WK43-r86079, please share the symptom, configuration file and how you reproduce the issue with us to find out the root cause.

• Elek
    Elek Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @Elek,

The bug fix for Wi-Fi stability issue will be merged into the official firmware 4.33 which will be released in late December.

Thank you Emily, I will get back around Christmas, hopefully the new release will be under the tree. 
  • alehzn
    alehzn Posts: 37  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hello,

Same issue here too. Installed version 4.32 WK43 r86079. Will check. Awaiting the official release end of December. 

Thank you.
  • alehzn
    After running the 4.32 WK43 r86079 version for a couple of days my iPhone got disconnected again. Reconnect says the password is incorrect. Waiting for 10-15 minutes solves the issue. So issue seems to be not fixed by this version.
  • Zyxel_Emily

Hi @alehzn,

The fix for the issue "It shows wrong password on the wireless client and unable to connect to WiFi successfully." is already merged to 4.32 WK43.

Can you check "Band Select" is enabled or disabled on the SSID profile?

• alehzn
    Hi @Zyxel_Emily

I can't find that setting on my USG20W-VPN. Where can I find it. In the meantime I will install the new release posted by @jonatan

• Zyxel_Emily

Hi @alehzn,

Please upgrade to the version posted by jonatan and check the Wi-Fi status.

If the issue still persists, please send your configuration file to me via private message.

• alehzn
    Hi @Zyxel_Emily

Thank you for your reply. I have successfully upgraded to the version posted by @jonatan

Will keep an eye on the WiFi status and text you in case the issue still persists.

• User1
    User1 Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    I am still running 4.25 as the last stable version after trying multiple "custom" FW releases in the past months, is this ever going to be fixed or should we just give up and change vendor?

Security Highlight