ATP100 no switch on backup when master connection fall

Options
CSCComo
CSCComo Posts: 16  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
Hi. I've a little problem  with an ATP100, updated today. On WAN port there's terrestrial Antenna with PPP autentication, On OPT there's a standard router for ADSL for backup.

Today antenna's connectivity broke, but while the lan cable was inserted there was no switch on backup. If you unplug the cable, it switch on backup. When you connect the antenna, internet fall down another time

Wan was configure with fixed IP 0.0.0.0. NO "check connectivity" flag (but I tried to activate it to the IP 8.8.4.4
WAN_PPP is configured with name/password and "check connectivity" to the IP 1.1.1.1
<< That the standard configuration for EOLO in Italy >>
WAN_Backup is configured in DHCP (reserved on ADSL Router) and "check connectivity" to the IP 8.8.8.8

Trunk is configured in WRR with WAN_PPP (Checked 3 times) and WAN_Backup. Weight 10/1. Tried A/A and A/P

Antenna, firewall and router rebooted.

No problem with other customers with similar configuration.

No problem before, but I don't know if it's because WAN connection was fine till now

I can connect in HTTPS on WAN but not on WAN_Backup

Come other check to do?

Accepted Solution

• CSCComo
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi. The antenna burned. the new one works as others. trunk ok with ppp

All Replies

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello @CSCComo,
    There are several things need to be clarified. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    1. In the second paragraph, do you mean that once you connect a cable to LAN port such as P3, P4, P5, the backup WAN is active and becomes inactive when unplugging?
    2. Did you select the Trunk profile as Default Trunk Selection?
    3. Did you set up Passive on your WAN_backup?

4. If WAN_backup is in the zone of WAN, it should be able to be connected when you add HTTPS to the Service Group of the policy "Default_Allow_WAN_To_ZyWall". (Of course, we could check policy control too).
    If WAN_backup is in the Zone of OTP or others, you need to create another policy rule for allowing to connect to WAN_Backup.

For further checking, please provide remote access via private message, I will check on this for you, thank you.

James
  • CSCComo
    Options
    1) not really. The main WAN is not working but I'm connected to a PC from WAN_Backup with anydesk . But if you try to navigate, from the same computer or other computer, if WAN cable is connected, they cannot navigate.
    2) yes
    3) yes. tried like in phono ancd also active (10) / active (1)
    4) checked. I't on WAN
  • CSCComo
    Options
    Hi.  went to the customer. The only way I had to restore the trunk was putting the flag on "check connection" on WAN and putting WAN instead WAN_ppp on trunk. I also checked another customer we made recently where we spent over an hour to make cossed tests and it works with WAN_ppp.... Also checked another one that I'm sure it works.... Always WAN_ppp...

The only thing I can think about is a problem with the antenna. ISP said there is a problem with their main antenna, but they couldn't check the customer's one if the main is down....

I found the "access problem" from wan backup.... Customer has an FWA for this provider and there is some problem between ISP's router and ISP's antenna probably a NAT or some port forwarding missing between antenna and router. The only way to solve it's paying
  • Zyxel_James
    Options
    Hello @CSCComo,
    For better understanding, could you provide your network topology?
    As for the failover behavior, what's your request and what's the reproduce steps of your problem?
    You may contact me via private messsage for further investigation. Thank you.

James
  • Zyxel_James
    Options
    Hello @CSCComo,
    Do you mean that you lose the internet access after Antenna connection is back? Could you input CLI command "debug ip link-sticking flush cache" after the main connection is back?

James
  • CSCComo
    Options
     Hi I cannot try it now. The trunk seems to work good if I configure it with wan instead that wan_ppp AS usual. Wan_ppp connection che not Be dialed. I'm thinking there is a problem on the antenna and the firewall cannot understand that it should use a pppoe connection
  • Zyxel_James
    Options
    Is wan_ppp able to dial up? or it could dial up, but connectivity fails?
  • CSCComo
    Options
    Nope. At this moment the isp tells that the problem on local antenna was solve, but I think customer's antenna is broken. Ppp countdown arrives to 0
  • CSCComo
    Options
    That's the network

• CSCComo
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi. The antenna burned. the new one works as others. trunk ok with ppp

Security Highlight