QOS for Clients

Options
Niro96
Niro96 Posts: 56  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
Hello,

I have several computers at home that have a USG Flex. 100 run. If a PC now makes a download, it takes up the entire bandwidth. How can you set it up so that you can prioritize PCs. Is this under BMW?

greeting
Marcus

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,761  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited September 2022
    Options

Depending on your setup there are many ways to go about this however there are some things when BWM can't help like bandwidth from your ISP is shared and say you limit to 90Mb but the max you can download is 50Mb BWM does not see this and so the PC doing a download get all bandwidth. If you have more then one LAN/VLAN you be egressing out many interfaces so if you have max 90Mb you have to think how much bandwidth to give each interface because ingress rate limit is not that good (last time I checked) a way around this is to have other USG as bridge to do all BWM as a total.

I simple setup is to enable BWM without rules go to you WAN interface and set the egress of your upload speed -0.9Mb of what speed test shows you say its 10Mb you limit at 9.1Mb so 9280Kb go to your LAN interface and -10Mb of your download speed say 100Mb limit to 90Mb or 92160Kb

https://www.aqua-calc.com/rate/bandwidth-calculator

You can add rule in BWM to limit more and by IP or WILDCARD FQDN like *googlevideo.com if clients use DNS and not DNS over HTTPS to Guaranteed Bandwidth in my case inbound 71680Kb and outbound 3200Kb at priority 7 which is recommanded if you use Maximize Bandwidth Usage and didn't set a maximum limit.

And I recommanded you enable this option by webconsole which Zyxel should really add on the UI.

configure terminal

bwm control-tcp-ack

write

• Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 767  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @Niro96
    Yes, You can limit the addresses bandwidth and set the prioritize . 
    Please kinldy see the following:

Kevin
  • Niro96
    Niro96 Posts: 56  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    Hello Kevin,

I have now set this. Our line is 180MBit. My son now uses 50MBit. Now 125MBit remain. Nevertheless, other clients are a bit slower.
    It takes a little longer for a website to open.

• Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 767  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @Niro96
    Please select BWM-Type to "Per Source IP". 
    Otherwise 50M will be divided qually by all users. 
    Kevin
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,761  Guru Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

If your looking to rate limit a LAN IP you set Guaranteed Bandwidth to 64Kb both inbound and outbound and set maximum for inbound to 50000Kb and outbound to Maximize Bandwidth Usage with priority 7 for both.

Security Highlight