A feedback for your latest newsletter

mMontana
mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
First things firsts: I am not part of any media/communication/team, I totally don't have expertise of the topic and the job, comments following are personal opinions about the newsletter "Good news come after another".
It won't be nice, I'm sorry...

Congratulations for the awards! Among the teams of products, services, customer care, media you're gonna be happy about that, and I'm glad. But really... That's the right way to tell it? I mean... did anyone of you seen any actor, producer, director tell that the prize/award is... "a good new"? On the stage, the awarded thanks... Coworkers, team, other teams that led to the prize/award. They are speaking to the people into the theater, but also to the public following the cast (or the video) because an awarded thanks and is honored but the recognition and the award.
It was really awkward to me read that. Again... congratulations for the awards.

Experience the level-up 10G operation buddies... really?
Zyxel delivered to market a switches (XGS1250-12) that have problems of overheating solved via firmware... I mean. It's quoted near 230 euros into your store, not that much into SMB/Enterprise tier, but as SOHO/Pro tier, it's not that cheap for 12 port device (multi gig, I'm aware of that). I think that "celebrating" the solved issue is not the best way to tell the customers that you have their backs.
Moreover: it's a premiere to me a switch that "thermal throttles". Hope that the following product/SKU will suffer less of overheat, or underdesign.

Zyxel store.
Thanks for adding into "about zyxel store" that is a denmark-based company. A VAT number on the website is nice too.
I looked for "XGS1250-12", I 10 received "relevant" products. 7 switches (3 out of stock, upper section of the page), 2 LTE routers (1 out of stock), Armor G5 router.
These are the issues i found:
-The products are mixed up, not consistent for category, availability, or price. The "relevant" sorting seem confused: first two products near XGS1250-12 have the same amount of ports, then 12POE+12nonPOE GBe switch, than a router with 2,5GBe port, another 12POE+12nonPOE GBe switch; than an VDSL/LTE mobile router with no 2.5GBe port, than an expensive 8+2+1 switch. Probably I'm the one that don't understand the underlying logic of the "relevant" algorithm.
-I cannot sort/filter by category of product (switch, router, mobile router)
-I cannot sort/filter "available"/"not available" products.
-I can understand why some products are shown there (related and linkable devices) so... why there's no WiFi 6/6e AP into this list?
You can to better :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.