XS1930-10 - electronics noise

Options

Hi Zyxel Support and community,

I am evaluating XS1930-10 and this device is quite unique and meets most my needs except one area ... noise. I can accept noise level when fan spins around minimal RPM (3500), but my problem starts when temperature raises. I have noticed then strange clicking / rattling sound. It occurs only above minimal RPM and clicking frequency changes with speed. Firstly, I was thinking that it was caused by rattling fan bearings, but no. When I am manually forcing fan to stop, clicking still exists - source of it is from electronics or PSU. This is weird and unexpected behavior. My question is - is this normal?

Why this is important for me? I have plan to replace internal fan with Noctua ones. They are dead silent, and I can put more than one to provide enough airflow with less RPM. But this is pointless idea if something in electronic circuit can be so loud...

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,934  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi @krzykacz,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

I have checked my XS1930 which does not have this problem when the FAN speed is around 6000 RPM.
    May I know the firmware version you're using? Is it the latest firmware(4.70(ABQF.4)C0)?
    If the issue still remains when using the latest firmware, could you help to record a video for us to check? Please get closer when recording so we can hear the strange sound.

In addition, changing the fan by yourself will lose the warranty eligibility.