Problem with VoIP in WAN1

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 93  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited October 2022 in Security
Hello,
I have 2 subnets.
The first one is for PCs and wifi, the second one for phones in VoIP.
The problem is that my TLC operator needs 2 different eth ports to manage data and VoIP.
There is no way to merge both data and VoIP in the same port of the router of the TLC.

I have a USG Flex 100 deployed, so WAN1 is the uplink for the subnet1.
Is it possible to tell the firewall to send all the traffic of the subnet2 via another LAN port so I can send it via the second LAN port of the router of the operator?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @GiuseppeR,

Since Lan port is internal interface without interface gateway. it is unable to work like that.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Hi @GiuseppeR,
    Does the service provider have VLAN to separate data and Voice network?
  • GiuseppeR
    GiuseppeR Posts: 93  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    @Zyxel_Cooldia I think they  do also other configs via that port, but they do not want to share them. I'm upset.

If I attach switches (mixed traffic VLAN1 and VLAN20) to the TLC router, VLAN20 is working smoothly with phones.
    If I separate physically phones' LAN and I attach only phones to the voice eth port on the TLC router I have to tag phones with VLAN1 but they work smoothly too.

The problem is when I link the P2 of USG Flex 100 to the TLC eth port (public IP, data only) and I link P3 to all the switches with VLAN tags to the USG Flex: VLAN tags work properly inside firewall, separate LANs but both LANs go out via WAN1.
    I need a trick to say to the USG Flex to pass all the traffic on the LAN2 directly to eth voice port on the TLC router.
    Please note that I cannot disable DHCP on the voice eth port on the TLC operator.

On the firewall I have free LAN ports: are they usable to create something to get this result?
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Answer ✓
    Hi @GiuseppeR,

Since Lan port is internal interface without interface gateway. it is unable to work like that.

Security Highlight