nwA50AX with mesh and LAN not working

Options
Hi, i have 2 nwA50AX one connected to lan with cable and internet and one connected with mash at the first AP.
If i connect any client to both AP this work and go in internet and find any ip in my wirless and wired network, 

The second AP connected with mesh is connected to POE switch and at this switch is connected a pc.
The pc not go in internet, not find dhcp, if i fix an ip not go true mesh and not see any othe client wireless or cabled outside this poe switch.

How i can enable the ethernet port in the second nwA50AX with mesh lan for have extension of the primary lan???
THanks

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 557  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @geniom

From your description, we know that you considered to use the mesh AP(second NWA50AX) as the uplink of your switch. Since NWA50AX doesn't support the wireless bridge feature, it can’t build a wired connection with that switch. The Uplink port of NWA50AX only supports as the uplink and PoE connection, not as the LAN port. Therefore, to get your PC having internet connection, you might need to connect your switch to the gateway for getting DHCP IP and surf the internet, or else you may straight away connect your PC with WiFi.

If you can't change your topology, we have another user who asked the similar scenario, please refer to the post: utilizzo porte su NWA 1123 AC PRO — Zyxel Community.

Currently, NWA1123-AC PRO is the model that supports wireless bridge in standalone mesh mode with the lower budget than other supported model. Please still note that if you need to configure the mesh system with wireless bridge, the both APs in your scenario need to support both smart mesh and wireless bridge features.

Kay

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 557  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @geniom

From your description, we know that you considered to use the mesh AP(second NWA50AX) as the uplink of your switch. Since NWA50AX doesn't support the wireless bridge feature, it can’t build a wired connection with that switch. The Uplink port of NWA50AX only supports as the uplink and PoE connection, not as the LAN port. Therefore, to get your PC having internet connection, you might need to connect your switch to the gateway for getting DHCP IP and surf the internet, or else you may straight away connect your PC with WiFi.

If you can't change your topology, we have another user who asked the similar scenario, please refer to the post: utilizzo porte su NWA 1123 AC PRO — Zyxel Community.

Currently, NWA1123-AC PRO is the model that supports wireless bridge in standalone mesh mode with the lower budget than other supported model. Please still note that if you need to configure the mesh system with wireless bridge, the both APs in your scenario need to support both smart mesh and wireless bridge features.

Kay

Kay