Dead SFP-port after reboot GS1900-24

Options
On reboot , or on power-failure, my GS1900-24 SFP-ports are dead. The only way to "wake up" these 2 SFP-ports are removing the tranceiver for a couple of seconds. This is a big problem. My Internet-connecting is broken. This should be fixed!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 661  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    @g_midtgarden56
    I didn't see the same issue in my lab. Please note that we only guarantee the following list of Zyxel transceivers.
    The list is in our datasheet, may I know what is your transceiver's model?

Chris
  • g_midtgarden56
    Options
    These 2 tranceivers used: CTST THMPRS-3511-10A and TP-Link TL-SM321B. Both working excellent, but, as mentioned, don't "wake up" after reboot / power failure.  
  • g_midtgarden56
    Options
    Ok. The 2 transceivers mentioned are in fact compatible. Working absolutely excellent! Zyxel then dont want to "wake up" the SFP ports unless they report an overpriced Zyxel-brand tranceiver?      
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 661  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hello @g_midtgarden56,
    Could you please help to collect tech support file and private message to me. 
    Collect it after the reboot, I would like to check if the SFP cable is detected or not.

Chris
  • silviodipaola
    Options

Same problem for me.
    Two brand new GS1900-48HPv2 I'm trying to setup for a client.
    I uplinked the switches using the two SFP ports 49 and 50 with SFP with compatible modules and Fiber Cable OM3
    On reboot or powerfail the SFP ports gone dead.
    The only way to put them back on is to unplug the cable and plug it back in (I'm using a certified OM3 Fiber Duplex Patch) - SFP transceivers are certified 10GTEK ASF85-24-X2-D and are working very well tested on D-Link, Netgear and Ubiquity switches.
    Please help.

• g_midtgarden56
    g_midtgarden56 Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello!

Tech-support.log file attached. Created after boot. (Dead SFP-port after rebbot/power-failure)

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,650  Zyxel Employee
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @SilvanoPaiola,

Could you please help to collect the tech support file and send it to me by private message

Collect it after the reboot, I would like to check if the SFP cable is detected or not.

Besides, what device does your GS1900-48HPv2 connect with?

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,650  Zyxel Employee
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @g_midtgarden56,

Thanks for the tech support. I have downloaded it and will check.
    But I will remove it from your reply due to security concern.

In the meanwhile, could you also share what device does your GS1900-24 connect with?

Zyxel Melen

• g_midtgarden56
    Options

I have 3 Zyxel switches trunked together (From my GS1900-24 2 ports trunked to my GS1900-24E, 2 ports trunked to my GS1900-8) default VLAN1 and SFP-port VLAN102 tagged. On my GS1900-24E one port VID 102 is untagged, the rest VLAN1.

VLAN102 is the VLAN for my ISP's Internet-connection(Altibox). WAN/Router is connected to port assigned to VLAN102 untagged on my GS1900-24E.
    (From router back to VLAN1, to any other port on my GS1900-24E)

There are 3 printers, 3 Android-TV-boxes, Surround receiver, BD-player etc. Aprox. 15 WIFI nodes i addition.

If you would like a complete list of my LAN I will send you this?

• silviodipaola
    Options

Hi

I sent you a PM with all the informations.

Switches are connected to each other, the client requested me a link between ports 49 and 50 in LACP trunk aggregation.