2»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @g_midtgarden56 & @silviodipaola,

Thank you for your tech support file.

We have identified that the interfaces not linking up may be due to the third-party SFP module rather than the switch, as the GS1900 can read the DDMI. As we have previously mentioned, we only guarantee compatibility with the following list of Zyxel transceivers. We cannot guarantee the performance of third-party SFP modules, nor can we guarantee that they will work after replugging.

Additionally, we have tested rebooting the GS1900s while connected with the Zyxel SFP module and have not encountered any issues.

We suggest reaching out to the third-party company for support with their SFP module. Furthermore, we would like to remind you that SFP transceivers from 10GTEK are not certified. For a list of certified SFP transceivers, please refer to our datasheet.

Zyxel Melen

• g_midtgarden56
    Options

PS

The CTST THNPRS-3511-10A receiver supplied by my ISP (Altibox) together with Zyxel WIFI6 router.

• g_midtgarden56
    Options

I'm sorry! This seems too be a hardware bug that Zyxel does not know how to fix!

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @g_midtgarden56,

ZYXEL switch products are recommend to be used exclusively with ZYXEL brand modules to ensure the optimal performance and reliability.

Using modules from third-party sources can potentially lead to decreased network performance and reliability, such as packet loss and connectivity issues, which also cannot be guaranteed by ZYXEL. ZYXEL may not offer technical support for networking issues that are identified as being caused by IOP with third-party modules.

Zyxel Melen

• g_midtgarden56
    Options

The Zyxel SFP-BX1310-E is not available in my country. Nor in any webshop I've searched. They all sell "compatible" tranceivers. The CMT-tranceiver mentioned is the one my ISP delivers together with a Zyxel router. I do no use the Zyxel router. The combination Zyxel router and CMT tranceiver does work perfectly fine though. No boot problems. (Tested)

As I said, the CMT tranceiver works perfect also in my Zyxel GS1900-24 switch. No packet loss what so ever. The only issue is rebooting/power failure.